Eshop + Credit Card Problems

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by RedJiggly, Jun 21, 2011.

Jun 21, 2011

Eshop + Credit Card Problems by RedJiggly at 9:15 PM (7,277 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. RedJiggly
    OP

Member RedJiggly GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    Hello there, everybody.

A few days ago I tried to get some money on my 3DS to buy Link's awakening. It worked fine.

Now, today, after the latest update (I don't know if that's what makes this happen tough), I tried to get some new funds on there, since I wanted to buy Cave Story.

However, I am getting Error Code 005-6511 when trying to add funds.

I am using an American 3DS(I bought it over there while I was on vacation) and an Dutch Visa Credit Card. I have to enter a 'fake' ZIP code since over here we use four numbers and two letters, and in America it's all-numbers.

But as stated before, there was no problem earlier. Does anybody know if there is a way to fix this?

Please help me, I'm very sad right now [​IMG] .

2. Takeshi

Member Takeshi GBAtemp Addict

Germany
  3. RedJiggly
    OP

Netherlands
    Hmm...

I managed to change the 3DS region to Brazil(Go to System Configuration->Profile->Region), and somehow in Brazil they don't ask for your ZIP code (maybe because they don't calculate extra taxes like they do in the US?). Probably the 3DS checks the cards with the ZIP code or something.

I dont know, but I managed to use the Brazil shop with my european Visa card. Very strange. But it might help future people with this problem.

And thanks for the reply, Takeshi [​IMG].

4. Takeshi

Member Takeshi GBAtemp Addict

Germany
    That's pretty interesting, I didn't think it'd be that simple. I'm sure this will help others experiencing this problem with their imported 3DS systems too.

P.S.: Your welcome. [​IMG]

5. koji2009

Member koji2009 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    A european, using an american 3ds, using a brazillian shop to use their card... There certainly won't be future issues with this setup.

6. RedJiggly
    OP

Netherlands
    Meh....

Today we got a call from the Crdit Card Company, telling us that Nintendo somehow tried to grab the money six times from the credit card account...

What the hell is going on O-o... There certainly seem to be some issues with the 3DS. It rejected the credit card twice(so I didn't get any money, why is it trying to write it off the account) and the third time it worked. This still doesn't explain the other three times they try to get money from the account O_O....

7. CamulaHikari

Member CamulaHikari Kami Kurai

Netherlands
    Thank you! I was having the same problem over here. Tried all countries with 4 number zip codes, but none of them had the e-shop available yet. [​IMG]
    Was worried I had to wait till the prepaid cards come out.

8. klim28

Member klim28 Hunter4Life

Philippines
    I asked that here http://gbatemp.net/t295844-nintendo-3ds-sy...t&p=3723335 but the answer is here in this thread [​IMG]

But worried about the problem on post #6. My card was rejected many times. Hope they won't add how many times I tried using the card @_@ Thats plenty of $20 x # of rejects. I didn't receive any call from my bank.

9. Eswar21297

Newcomer Eswar21297 Advanced Member

India
    I live in India. I just tried my credit card a few minutes ago then after I've searched Google on what's wrong. Then, I find out that the eShop is not accepting my card.

It worked fine the first time I used it.

I just wanted Donkey Kong, Kirby's Dreamland and Plants vs. Zombies.

NoA, if you were the cause of this then I'm going to find some sort of code generator for the eShop.

Please fix this quick or you will lose a lot of customers from other countries who bought American 3DSes or any other foregin 3DS.

Please don't make me feel bad for wasting most of my spendings for your new gimmick or innovation of a handheld.

10. Kamiyama

Member Kamiyama GBAtemp Fan

Finland
    Good luck for that.

11. RedJiggly
    OP

Netherlands
    It seems the problem is resolved. Finally, Nintendo removed the five wrong transaction from the credit card payment list, so I don't need to pay those any more [​IMG].