Hacking eShop content on shared sysnand/emunand

Gradon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, I was just wondering how content downloaded onto emunand affects the sysnand?
I read that if you downloaded an update for a game on emunand you would be able to use that update on sysnand retail (i.e. Pokemon Sapphire).

My experience with this is that sysnand finds the update and doesn't nag you to update the retail game but Pokémon tells me I need to update to use the online.

Another experience would be that I downloaded a demo on emunand and going into system settings data management on sysnand tells me that the demo exists on my SD card but its greyed out with a little grey x.
going back into emunand and the demo and update are working perfectly.

So, is there anyway to download content on emunand and use it on sysnand? at all?

Gradon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That's not what I'm trying to do.
I'll explain in more detail;

My boyfriend has a Gateway and I set it up with both our 3DS', I'm not always with him so I wanted to download the update for Pokémon when I'm away from him so I could use it online on sysnand 9.2. Installed the update using a connected emunand on 9.4, and the update shows up as downloaded on sysnand 9.2, but going in game nothing happens/says I need to update. The update works in classic mode.

Is there anyway to use eshop content that you buy/download on emunand on sysnand?

Gamemaster1379

Trophies
Website
1379tech.110mb.com
XP
Country
United States
That's not what I'm trying to do.
I'll explain in more detail;

My boyfriend has a Gateway and I set it up with both our 3DS', I'm not always with him so I wanted to download the update for Pokémon when I'm away from him so I could use it online on sysnand 9.2. Installed the update using a connected emunand on 9.4, and the update shows up as downloaded on sysnand 9.2, but going in game nothing happens/says I need to update. The update works in classic mode.

Is there anyway to use eshop content that you buy/download on emunand on sysnand?

Assuming it's legitimate eShop content, and not anything CIA patched, as long as the sysNAND and emuNAND are linked it should work on sysNAND if you downloaded from emuNAND. I know that CIAs that are installed aren't signed properly, so anything that involves those will only work on Gateway mode.

Reactions: Kafke

TotalInfinity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hijack and bumping this thread, have this same issue. 2DS, trying to install the pokemon Omega Ruby update on emunand for use on sysnand (since this isn't my 2ds, but it IS my gateway, 2DS is on 9.2 and not being updated). I can get onto eshop on emunand in both classic and gateway mode, however the update fails to install on classic with an error every time, but installs on gateway. However on both classic mode AND sysnand (this is a retail cart, so cannot use gateway mode), the update data does not apply to the game, though it is listed in data management in both emunand and sysnand. Any help?

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
well recently apps/games, use 7.x keys right, i guess the updates do too... so that is why it would not work in sysnand, yes?

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Sysnand is 9.2, Emunand is 9.4, so all keys are 7.x

ok then i guess it is because the content is not listed in the title.db, ticket.db, whatever database on sysnand that it needs to be.
otherwise, it is just like having the update on the sd card, but the 3ds does not know it is supposed to use it... right?

i would personally inject the databases from emunand to sysnand, but there is not a nice way to do that, especially on 9.x sysnand

Alexisss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Um, am I crazy/wrong, or can you not use online features at all (in sysNAND) unless sysNAND is at the latest version? So Pokemon would be telling you to upgrade sysNAND version, not install the Pokemon update.

I remember when I got my 3DS and ACNL, it made me upgrade 3DS to v4.5 in order to play ACNL, then when I tried to go online, it required me to upgrade to latest 3DS version (5.x at the time IIRC).

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Um, am I crazy/wrong, or can you not use online features at all (in sysNAND) unless sysNAND is at the latest version? So Pokemon would be telling you to upgrade sysNAND version, not install the Pokemon update.

I remember when I got my 3DS and ACNL, it made me upgrade 3DS to v4.5 in order to play ACNL, then when I tried to go online, it required me to upgrade to latest 3DS version (5.x at the time IIRC).

you can play games online (if the games does not require a new game update if there is one), but yes you cannot access eshop

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr