Hacking Error with Super Card and N3DS

Virtus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So my DSTWO will work perfectly fine on my DS lite, no problems at all. Ran the latest update on it and all that good stuff. If I try to play it on my New 3DS I get the following:

"An error has occured. Press and hold the POWER button to turn the system off. Please refer to the Operations Manual for details."

I did some Googling and from what I gathered I guess sometimes the Super Cards just don't have connectors that will be 100% compatible with a 3DS. So, just trying to figure out. Is there anything I can do to possibly make it work or am I shit out of luck?

Virtus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try to run the update again it should work as Nintendo has NOT blocked this flash cart in ages.

Gave it another try, still same error. I'm assuming the downloads on the top of the guide here are up to date. http://gbatemp.net/threads/the-supercard-dstwo-beginners-guide-how-to-setup-the-dstwo.290190/. Would it be able to read the cart at all if it was a problem with the connectors or does it have to be a software issue if its crashing while trying to boot the cart?

SomecallmeBerto

The Anti-Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Software issue. For whatever reason the cart is NOT updating itself correctly.

Do you have a spare micro SD card? - If so then get all the files from here - http://eng.supercard.sc/manual/dstwo/download.htm

Download the latest firmware version 1.11 and the OS itself and place all the files on the root of the SD card( all files to combine) then try once more to run the update on your DS.

cutterjohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Do you have a spare micro SD card? - If so then get all the files from here - http://eng.supercard.sc/manual/dstwo/download.htm

Download the latest firmware version 1.11 and the OS itself and place all the files on the root of the SD card( all files to combine) then try once more to run the update on your DS.
Just received and charged my new 3ds xl, black 9.0.0-020U(QW1004) and I'm getting the same error that the OP is probably referring to when attempting to "launch" the ds2. Just says something about an error has occurred, hold down power to shut off, check manual.

Probably won't have time to reset up the uSD again tonight, but I just updated it the other day to the latest firmware. eOS should be latest too, but it's the firmware that's not doing the job just now. I'll have to dig up my real carts just to make sure that the slot is OK. Again probably no time tonight to try re-updating/finding retail carts.

[EDIT]
NM. I checked the SC forums and it was indicated to still work, so I put the ds2 back in and poof, worked this time... flakey connection maybe...
[/EDIT]

Virtus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[EDIT]
NM. I checked the SC forums and it was indicated to still work, so I put the ds2 back in and poof, worked this time... flakey connection maybe...
[/EDIT]

This is what I'm afraid of, if its the connection I dunno how to go about trying to get it to connect better or if I can at all.

Dug around and found another MicroSD. Going to give this a shot and see what happens.

Virtus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright. Did an overwrite format on my other MicroSD. Re-installed only whats needed. Loaded a single DS game up on the card to keep it simple for testing purposes. Put it in DS Lite, updated. Game works. Put it in N3DS, same error as before. Has to be a problem getting a good connection between my cart and the N3DS. Honestly have no idea how to improve that though.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Alright. Did an overwrite format on my other MicroSD. Re-installed only whats needed. Loaded a single DS game up on the card to keep it simple for testing purposes. Put it in DS Lite, updated. Game works. Put it in N3DS, same error as before. Has to be a problem getting a good connection between my cart and the N3DS. Honestly have no idea how to improve that though.

Weird, mine actually seems to better fit the cart slot than my old 3ds.

mrGREEK360

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Odd it works great with my Majoras Mask New 3DS XL Firmware 9.0U. Try inserting the cart in slowly. Slowly depress it into the cart slot, try this a few times if it doesn't help I'm not sure. Iv noticed gateway blue cart needs to be inserted like this and I think my super card did this once.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr