Error when running virtual console cia.

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by BeefBaby, Nov 13, 2015.

1. BeefBaby
    OP

BeefBaby GBAtemp Regular

Nov 6, 2015
    United States
    Everytime I run a virtual cia console rom I get the error "AN error has occured. Press and hold the POWER Button to turn the system off". I was wondering if anyone else gets this error. I heard that you can't have a gba file bigger than 4mb, but I don't know if this is true. The gba cia I'm trying to run is about 16mb.

2. JJTapia19

JJTapia19 I fight for my friends.

May 31, 2015
    Puerto Rico
  3. BeefBaby
    OP

BeefBaby GBAtemp Regular

Nov 6, 2015
    United States
  4. BeefBaby
    OP

BeefBaby GBAtemp Regular

Nov 6, 2015
    United States
  5. A_Random_Guy

A_Random_Guy Officially That Dev

May 22, 2015
    Malaysia
    Smea's closet
    install said patch using rxtools devmode or pastamode

6. Ammako

Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Dec 22, 2009
    Canada
    With rxTools, you can inject FBI into H&S on sysnand, and you can boot in sysnand devmode and install your GBA VC .cia in sysnand that way.

7. BeefBaby
    OP

BeefBaby GBAtemp Regular

Nov 6, 2015
    United States
    What is h&s?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

K I'll try it. I believe I already did, and it didn't work.

8. Ammako

Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Dec 22, 2009
    Canada
    Health and Safety app

9. BeefBaby
    OP

BeefBaby GBAtemp Regular

Nov 6, 2015
    United States
    Alright link to how to inject it?

10. BeefBaby
    OP

BeefBaby GBAtemp Regular

Nov 6, 2015
    United States
    Okay I attempted it, and it worked, but when I launched H&S it says redownload from eshop then disappeared. :/

I went back and restored safety and when I tried installing fbi again I got error opening fbi tmd? Do you know how to fix this or what it means?

11. BeefBaby
    OP

BeefBaby GBAtemp Regular

Nov 6, 2015
    United States
    Okay even after transfering that tmd file and not getting that error. When launching H&S on sysnand I get "The software could not be launched".

12. Ammako

Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Dec 22, 2009
    Canada
    You have to start sysnand with sig checks patched (CFW) otherwise you cannot run FBI as it is unsigned.

I think you might be able to simply start sysnand in rxmode (holding L at rxtools startup, then A and X) and you should be able to run FBI to install the .cia (destination: SD I believe.)

Personally I don't really like starting sysnand in rxmode, I'm not sure if it's entirely safe to install .cias that way. I usually just run Devmode and use FBI in Devmode to install GBA VC or DSiWare to sysnand.

(Devmode or Pasta mode depending on your version of rxtools)

13. BeefBaby
    OP

BeefBaby GBAtemp Regular

Nov 6, 2015
    United States
    Alright even when I boot into sysnand in dev mode. I don't have fbi installed. I used to, but I believe I had to reset sysnand. Let me check if I can reinstall it.

Okay I booted into rxmode and launched H&S and it went into FBI. I'm gonna attempt to install now, and play. :D

14. Ammako

Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Dec 22, 2009
    Canada
    Yeah, if you had to reset sysnand then you're probably back to default Health and Safety app. When I updated mine to 9.2, naturally, it replaced H&S with the actual one, so I had to re-inject it :P

BeefBaby likes this.
  15. BeefBaby
    OP

BeefBaby GBAtemp Regular

Nov 6, 2015
    United States
    Alright after installing the gba on emunand, then booting into rxmode on sysnand then going into H&S and attempting to install the gba. I get this error message:http://imgur.com/vvyhX17

16. Ammako

Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Dec 22, 2009
    Canada
    Go in your SD card, in your Nintendo 3DS folder, go in the folder for your sysnand (it should be the smaller of the two folders unless you have tons of stuff installed to sysnand.)
    Open folders until you see an extdata folder. Don't go in the extdata folder. Instead, get this and put the dbs folder alongside your extdata folder.
    Then go in System Settings —> Data Management —> Software, and let it repair your software management information. It should work afterwards.

BeefBaby likes this.
  17. BeefBaby
    OP

BeefBaby GBAtemp Regular

Nov 6, 2015
    United States
    YAY. After doing what you said. I attempted to install it in devmode and it worked. Then I went back in to emunand and started the gba, and it loaded up wooohooo. Thank you soo much. I hope this thread helps other's out too. :D

Azel likes this.