Hacking Error when copying ROMs to SD card - Help!

Tseng

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When trying to copy ROMs to my new M3 Lite, I get a "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library" error part-way through the transfer. This does not always happen, but when it does happen with a specific ROM it will always happen with it (ie: I can transfer one ROM fine, and it will always transfer fine. But if I try to transfer another, it will always crash). I have the newest firmware, my SD card was formatted, and I've done everything I can think of. The ROM files are not corrupt or anything.

I even did what I thought was a clever little work-around, by "creating" all the ROMs first onto my hard drive then copying them over to my SD card using the SD slot on my cell phone. However, this just caused a different problem where most of the ROMs simply hang at the "Loading" screen.

Anyone know what the hell is going on and how I can fix it?

Edit: Forgot to mention that when the transfer fails, the SD card will magically no longer be detected by my PC so I have to reinsert it - Which is why I was trying to transfer using my cell phone.

Tripp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hi

You are using the M3 game manager software??? Sorry but you didn't say...
smile.gif

How is your card reader connected???

Are you using a hub?

If you are powered or non powered hub?

The reason I'm asking is because of having to re-insert the card...

Tripp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I had this problem with my M3 CF after months of inactivity. Try reformatting the SD card.

Did you get the same exact error as him? I have 2 2GB and one 4GB. I use these in my Nikon D70 as well as my 2 DS's.
I format allot though...

Just wanted to know...
smile.gif

Edit************************

The only reason I'm asking is I would expect a read write error or bad sectors or something like that, never heard of that before...

Tseng

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The card reader is built in to my laptop. And yes, I'm using the Game Manager. And I've formatted the card multiple times now trying to get this working properly.

I'm thinking that maybe, for some reason, the card reader has simply broken. I've never, ever had problems with it before. Even just copying certain ROMs over to the card (drag 'n drop) causes an error.

Tseng

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, after two BSODs while flashing my SD card, I'm 99% positive it's the card reader screwing up. And it's almost midnight so I can't even go out to buy a cheap one.
frown.gif

Guess I get to wait until tomorrow to use it. Thanks guys.

Tripp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What about 3rd party programs getting in the way??? Have you disabled or exited everything from the system tray?

Do you get the same error when copying other things to the card, MP3's or just random files?

Have you tried reinstalling the M3 software?

Heh just fishing and trying to help find something you may have overlooked I do computer tech support for a living...

Good Luck
smile.gif

Edit *****************************

Hope the new car reader fixes the problem...
wink.gif

Tseng

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a little update for anyone that cares: It was indeed my built-in SD card reader that was the problem. I got a cheap $15 USB one from Radio Shack and it writes fine now.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/8tRQnqT