Error on start-up

Discussion in 'Wii U - Games & Content' started by Bonny, Apr 10, 2014.

1. Bonny
    OP

Bonny GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 8, 2008
    Germany
    Bavaria
    I'am sure this has been already asked, but i really can't find it:

My Wii U is running fine and is updated to the latest FW. My WLAN is normally off, and everytime the Wii U starts, he's checking if the Online Services are availalbe. And of course they are not, because the WLAN is off. So i get a stupid error message everytime i start the system. And then, he askes me if i want to set up a new connection - and also: of course not.

Can this stupid behavior be stopped?

2. Tomobobo

Tomobobo Champion.

Nov 26, 2005
    United States
    Turn on your wlan.

3. Bonny
    OP

Dec 8, 2008
    Germany
    Bavaria
    :sleep: - And if one day the Nintendo online services do no longer exist? Every boot leads to 2 error messages? :wtf:

4. Jiehfeng

Jiehfeng Wu-Wei

Aug 15, 2012
    United States
    Finding that out myself.
    Try turning WLAN on and off? Try messing with the internet settings?
    If you have a NNID account already registered, I think the Wii U will always ask you to connect to the internet or give you error messages.

5. tbgtbg

tbgtbg Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky

Nov 27, 2006
    United States
    You can go into your WiiU internet settings and delete them all. Of course, then it's a pain when you do want to go online and have to completely re-enter all the needed info.

Why they couldn't just have an "internet off" option in there somewhere is beyond me.

Bonny likes this.
  6. Bonny
    OP

Dec 8, 2008
    Germany
    Bavaria
    I guess it is that way :glare:

Yes, i was already thinkig about this... but, as you say: It's a pain to re-enter all info.

Me too, absolutely! Nobody wants to see 2 error messages when stating a console in a place/situation where no WLAN is available...lools like a broken Windows application that welcomes you with error messages when you open it ... :glare: Morons...

7. Bonny
    OP

Dec 8, 2008
    Germany
    Bavaria
    I know, most of you won't be intrested in this "problem", but i would like to say, that now, i get 5 error messages.

The 2 i already mentioned above, and when i try to start DK Tropical Freeze, the game wants to update (although the Wii U is on the latest FW), the update "fails" because there is no WLAN, then i get asked if i want to set up a connection, and then i'll get asked if i want to start the game without the "update".

5 Messages/Questions before i can launch the game. GOD... :angry: 5 Messages before i can launch a disc game on a Wii U that has no connection to the internet. :glare: