Hacking Error Code 002-0102, Have I been banned?

KJ1

Old Member
Trophies
XP
Country
India
GUYS thought i give a heads up... I am using SKY3DS on latest version 9.7. I have used a PRIVATE HEADER from one of the original games for over 6 months now and today i got that error. SO just a warning even with private headers they are banning people.

Have you even used Public Header once to go online?? Tell us! :)

funky_kyle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Have you even used Public Header once to go online?? Tell us! :)

Nope... not once did i use public header .. all private header from the beginning. it seems to affect Pokemon omega ruby/sapphire games more. been playing online constantly for the last 6 months with succession and then boom get the error 002-0102.. Reading the forum, hopefully i will be lifted in 15 days? :huh:

TriigerHappy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope... not once did i use public header .. all private header from the beginning. it seems to affect Pokemon omega ruby/sapphire games more. been playing online constantly for the last 6 months with succession and then boom get the error 002-0102.. Reading the forum, hopefully i will be lifted in 15 days? :huh:
Where did you source your private header? Any chance the original game could have gone online/anyone else has your header?

ultimatetemper

Trophies
XP
Country

Actually I think the games which have game updates are more likely to get people banned.
Pokemon, Smash and Mario Kart have 99% of the bans.
Games without game updates like Bravely Default or Monster Hunter 4 are way less likely to be banned.
Also, if you don't have an NNID set the chances of being banned are reduced.
Another thing, if you are in an EmuNAND firmware below 9.5.0-22 you are less likely to be banned.

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
Actually I think the games which have game updates are more likely to get people banned.
Pokemon, Smash and Mario Kart have 99% of the bans.
Games without game updates like Bravely Default or Monster Hunter 4 are way less likely to be banned.
Also, if you don't have an NNID set the chances of being banned are reduced.
Another thing, if you are in an EmuNAND firmware below 9.5.0-22 you are less likely to be banned.

That's all conjecture. Well, it is true that Pokemon, Smash, and MK have most of the bans... But that's what people mostly play. As for not having a NNID, I don't think there's a correlation. And the emuNAND firmware shouldn't make a difference either... Or at least we have no proof that it does. Those are all theories and shouldn't be taken as facts.

Hm.... You'd be the first if this was 100% no doubt a private header. Did you use PKhex or any other kinds of cheats? Even if it was just to make super legal pokemon that you didn't expect to be detected? Were you using Sky or Gateway?

funky_kyle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That's all conjecture. Well, it is true that Pokemon, Smash, and MK have most of the bans... But that's what people mostly play. As for not having a NNID, I don't think there's a correlation. And the emuNAND firmware shouldn't make a difference either... Or at least we have no proof that it does. Those are all theories and shouldn't be taken as facts.

Hm.... You'd be the first if this was 100% no doubt a private header. Did you use PKhex or any other kinds of cheats? Even if it was just to make super legal pokemon that you didn't expect to be detected? Were you using Sky or Gateway?

No cheats whatsoever. I used gateway to dump the game and used that backup as the header... Then i used the nobannosky software and plugged in everything there. I used SKY3DS... but yes im more than sure i used private header because i checked with the hex editor thing..

however.... when i got the error code 002-0102 it said the device is currently SUSPENDED from online services compared to when when i watched someones youtube video of them being banned which said "BANNED" instead of SUSPENDED.

KJ1

Old Member
Trophies
XP
Country
India
No cheats whatsoever. I used gateway to dump the game and used that backup as the header... Then i used the nobannosky software and plugged in everything there. I used SKY3DS... but yes im more than sure i used private header because i checked with the hex editor thing..

however.... when i got the error code 002-0102 it said the device is currently SUSPENDED from online services compared to when when i watched someones youtube video of them being banned which said "BANNED" instead of SUSPENDED.

Have you downloaded pre patched games, ready for online play? And, are you sure that you have applied it correctly. Also, have you shared it with anyone else, including your friend, or anyone else?

funky_kyle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Have you downloaded pre patched games, ready for online play? And, are you sure that you have applied it correctly. Also, have you shared it with anyone else, including your friend, or anyone else?

No i havent shared my header or any games with anyone else.. the game i used (pokemon omega ruby)were all from -romsite removed-

KJ1

Old Member
Trophies
XP
Country
India
No i havent shared my header or any games with anyone else.. the game i used (pokemon omega ruby).

I think you didn't applied the header correctly, the roms from that site are online patched.
And, are you able to use eshop, friend list etc. and have you used that header in more than one game to go online?

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GUYS thought i give a heads up... I am using SKY3DS on latest version 9.7. I have used a PRIVATE HEADER from one of the original games for over 6 months now and today i got that error. SO just a warning even with private headers they are banning people.

i hope this does not happen to gateway users. also i'm getting an error code too.

(don't think it has nothing to do with bans through.)

001-0502

YourHero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The fact it is suspended could be different. The problem I have with Sky 3DS is the header is one for all and does not get modified depending on the rom, where as on gateway when you patch a rom if it has some inconsistencies it requests to fix them. For example when I put a header into PADz it said the chip ID or something was wrong and fixed it. So how does Sky3DS template do that? Does it know to make each chipID correct? If not then it might have mismatched and that caused the issue.

Sky3DS needs to do away with the template and let people use regular headers in the roms.

Stratosfear

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
squeeb said:
what were you doing to get banned? public headers, cia .. please give a little insight?

I've been using a public header, no more. Now I've changed, but I can't test it for now.

YourHero said:
Sky3DS needs to do away with the template and let people use regular headers in the roms.

What I've done : I modified the template with NoskyNoban with my private header. Then I formated my sd card, then put the new template, and wrote back all my games. Then, I've made a backup of my roms, opened it with GW Rom Patcher to inject the header directly and copied back to my sd card. So I'm 99.9% sure my roms are using the headers.

Reactions: squeeb

YourHero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been using a public header, no more. Now I've changed, but I can't test it for now.

What I've done : I modified the template with NoskyNoban with my private header. Then I formated my sd card, then put the new template, and wrote back all my games. Then, I've made a backup of my roms, opened it with GW Rom Patcher to inject the header directly and copied back to my sd card. So I'm 99.9% sure my roms are using the headers.
Sky3DS ignores internal headers in the rom and uses it's template regardless. That's why I am curious if it modifies it's self for all other different chip types and such. No one knows if the chipID or media type actually makes a difference yet.

squeeb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i sent sky3ds an email and asked what the header actually does, if using a private for one game makes you safe, i will post if they respond, i think theyd know, since they wrote the program and created the hardware.

Mayhem1124

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good luck, probably won't work though. They will probably check what games you have been playing and request a picture of the front and back of every single cart (Which is a problem, because the carts have a serial number, so they can check if it matches) but you can try ^.^
They just assumed I bought I counterfeit cart. (Guess I'm pretty believable over the phone XD) Unfortunately they said, "We're unable to lift the ban. It runs on a timer of sorts. After an undisclosed amount of time after refraining from using whatever caused the ban, the ban will be lifted."

I guess I can expect it to be turned back on around the 3rd.

On another note, anyone know if the RAM2SAV browser exploit dumps your header as well? I went ahead and bought OR, and I wanna inject my save without going through the hassle of extracting my new header, injecting it into the template, and rewriting the ROM...

I imagine it doesn't have the capability to pull that kind of information, but just to be sure. ;P

KJ1

Old Member
Trophies
XP
Country
India
They just assumed I bought I counterfeit cart. (Guess I'm pretty believable over the phone XD) Unfortunately they said, "We're unable to lift the ban. It runs on a timer of sorts. After an undisclosed amount of time after refraining from using whatever caused the ban, the ban will be lifted."

I guess I can expect it to be turned back on around the 3rd.

On another note, anyone know if the RAM2SAV browser exploit dumps your header as well? I went ahead and bought OR, and I wanna inject my save without going through the hassle of extracting my new header, injecting it into the template, and rewriting the ROM...

I imagine it doesn't have the capability to pull that kind of information, but just to be sure. ;P

Its possible with Gateway, but don't know about Sky. :/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Normal sandwich bread is actually pretty good for sausage depends on length of course