Hacking Error CE-34878-0 on 9fw across multiple games

ActC00l

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the first time, today I got this error playing 3 different games. It first happened while playing the one Dungeons and Dragons game. I was about to enter the portal to the first world but then I got this error screen. The second time I don't remember how it happened, and the third time it happened at launching the game (Mummy Demastered). I'm on 9fw and I've tried everything I can think of: using another exploit launcher (only one so far, but same result), launching the game multiple times, deleting the save file, connecting to the network while playing and yes I'm using the correct dns servers. I never saw this error on 6.72.

Also, some games have noticeable stuttering in the menus using the Cthugha exploit, such as Electronic Super Joy.

Last edited by ActC00l,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
unfortunately, according to psdevwiki:

Error has occurred with the application (shows up after a game crashes) // Step 1: Close the application, install the latest system and game updates and reboot the system. Step 2: If you upgraded the HDD, use the original one. Step 3: If the error occurs again, back up all saved data and initialize the PS4. Step 4: If the error occurs with every application or as soon as the application starts, contact PlayStation Support.

ActC00l

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've run into the same error with some other games since I posted this. These games include Extinction, Chorus, Diablo 3, and Sleeping Dogs. Dead Nation has severe lag, making it unplayable, but I never encountered an error message screen while playing it. Oh, and I remembered the name of the second game I mentioned in post 1, it was Bloodborne. Every time I've got this error, it has happened either immediately or within minutes of playing, except while playing Chorus, where it must have taken 15 minutes+ since I was at the end of the first mission.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've run into the same error with some other games since I posted this. These games include Extinction, Chorus, Diablo 3, and Sleeping Dogs. Dead Nation has severe lag, making it unplayable, but I never encountered an error message screen while playing it. Oh, and I remembered the name of the second game I mentioned in post 1, it was Bloodborne. Every time I've got this error, it has happened either immediately or within minutes of playing, except while playing Chorus, where it must have taken 15 minutes+ since I was at the end of the first mission.
It's a failing hard drive error.

ActC00l

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not. It's specific to 9fw, as I indicated. Hopefully someone can look into it, or else we can just wait for a higher fw to be hacked. But I feel a little bad knowing some games don't work on this cfw.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not. It's specific to 9fw, as I indicated. Hopefully someone can look into it, or else we can just wait for a higher fw to be hacked. But I feel a little bad knowing some games don't work on this cfw.
It's the same error others have had, and in all instances it was hard drive failure.

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
As @godreborn wrote , your internal hdd is maybe unfortunately “dying “.

Last edited by Maupiti,
Reactions: godreborn

ActC00l

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get that other people have reported this error code, but I don't know why you think it's a hdd failure. Most games run on 9fw with no error popping up and it started as soon as i moved to 9fw. I know because I played these games before and after. It's not a coincidence. I've taken good care of my ps4, bought it new in 2016, and although I've used it actually for many, many hours, I've never had problems with overheating due to poor space, crashing, or anything that would indicate a serious issue. It's not hdd failure.

XeDev

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get that other people have reported this error code, but I don't know why you think it's a hdd failure. Most games run on 9fw with no error popping up and it started as soon as i moved to 9fw. I know because I played these games before and after. It's not a coincidence. I've taken good care of my ps4, bought it new in 2016, and although I've used it actually for many, many hours, I've never had problems with overheating due to poor space, crashing, or anything that would indicate a serious issue. It's not hdd failure.
You seem to be a bit confused about what causes an HDD failure.

Regardless if you’ve never dropped your console, or never kept it in a heated area, or how well you think you’ve taken care of it, the fact of the matter is it’s a spinning disc— “I’ve used it actually for many, many hours” should be enough for you to understand that time used on an HDD ages it, and the PS4’s internal HDD isn’t a name brand or anything particularly noteworthy, and they will fail from use, regardless whether you’re ready to accept that or not.

This response is a bit contradicting, because you say most games work on 9.00 firmware, then proceed to say the errors started popping up a lot more the second you moved to 9.00 firmware?

Have you attempted to rebuild your database? Have you formatted the console entirely? If you’re truly convinced it’s not your drive, try reinstalling all of your PKG’s. If they’re fPKG’s with updates, resign all the updates and see if that fixes it.

Jasonclarke1986

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

CE-34878-0​

this is a corrupted/missing file error. How do you have the games installed? if internal try installing to external and vise versa, if it works when doing that its an hdd issue so if external hdd could be your usb cable

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s