Error C2-2004-6

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by skydancer93, Nov 8, 2016.

1. skydancer93
    OP

skydancer93 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 16, 2015
    United States
    Installed Odin Sphere to my Vita. I put it to sleep with the game open and when I went to save, it gave me an error C2-2004-6 and telling me it cannot save. Now I read somewhere that this is what happens when you leave the game open in "deep sleep". What exactly does that mean? I put my Vita on suspend mode a lot to keep the Henkaku going and save battery.

2. satan89

satan89 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 30, 2014
    India
    Bangalore
    Its got nothing to do with deep sleep. That's a misnomer. Anyways the fix is to find the list.dat file in ux0/user/00/savedata_backup and replace the file with a folder called list.dat (you can back up the file if needed)
    After this you can leave the game running and keep it on sleep for weeks together, you won't get the save error.

The list.dat is some kind of DRM check file I guess, it triggers once in 24 hours irrespective of if the Vita sleeps or is currently running a game, once the check triggers you cant save until you restart game. Removing the file seems to fix it anyhow

Last edited by satan89, Nov 8, 2016
  3. skydancer93
    OP

skydancer93 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 16, 2015
    United States
    So, I delete list.dat and make a new folder called list.dat?

4. satan89

satan89 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 30, 2014
    India
    Bangalore
    Yes