MisterCrodolie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello everyone !

This is the first time I'm trying to run a CFW (Atmosphere) on my Nintendo Switch (5.1.0) and I'm facing an issue to launch it.

I've setup my SD card with SDsetup, then I've run Hetake on the Nintendo Switch to launch CFW and the behavior is :

1 - Nintendo boot logo
2 - 30s black screen
3 - Nintendo boot logo
4 - 30s black screen
5 - Error screen 2162-0002
6 - Shutdown

I've seen two people facing the same issue on Reddit and Github saying that it get fixed by booting on Horizon with the SD card > request for and update > Switch updated > retry > works.

I don't want to go for this option because I want to upgrade my switch with ChoixDuJourNX to be able to rollback and to not burn more efuse ^^.

Any help would be highly appreciate, also do you know any Slack or Discord I could use to talk about this issue ?

Cheers :).

MisterCrodolie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes I fully backup my nand yesterday during 70 minutes.

I've follow the HowTo on SDsetup that is prelly straight forward (I'm not able to post the link as I'm new user on GBAtemp).

MisterCrodolie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@intellettuanale @linuxares

Please find the results so far of my tests :

1 - Restart the process from scratch using the GBA HowTo = Same Issue
2 - Try with a brand new SD card = Same Issue

@intellettuanale Interesting point about Kosmos. I'm actually getting my SD card with the website Homebrew SD Setup (that is using Kosmos in the lastest version I guess V11). Do you recommend to give a try with a V10 version ?

Furthermore I'm using a SDXC card do you think that it could be the problem ? I've seen two posts on the net where the issue was resolved by an update of the firmware (when I boot on Horizon, the switch ask me for an update to use the SDXC card).

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I've just seen on Nintendo website that an update is required for the Switch to support SDXC format. But it's actually impossible to use ChoixDuJourNX to update without been able to boot on an CFW ?

Last edited by MisterCrodolie,

Kiro04

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
my Nintendo Switch (5.1.0)

If you are in the 5.1.0 version, you already have the SDXC update. At least, my Switch update to 5.1.0 to allow mi 128 GB SD, and it works...

Edit myself: I've been use the SDFilesSwitch V10 (now Kosmos) and work greats for a long time!! Maybe, the new version its breaking the SD format?

2ND edit: From the Kosmos GitHub channelog:
  • Added a warning to discourage people using ExFAT with Kosmos Updater. It will also warn users not to use the built in restart option if they are using ExFAT.

Last edited by Kiro04,

MisterCrodolie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
ISSUE FIXED

It was in fact an update required to get my SDXC card compatible.
Every time I was booting on Horizon (standard FW) the switch was asking for an update to support SDXC.
After upgrade my switch FW I was able to boot Atmosphere correctly with a SDXC card.

@Kiro04 the SDXC update is not related to a particular FW version but get triggered the first time you plug a SDXC card.

The best way to upgrade without burning efuse here should be :

1. Get a SDHC card to run Atmosphere, then upgrade using ChoixDuJourNX to get the update for SDXC card
2. Run Atmosphere from the SDXC card

For who are interested of 6.1.0, so far so good running for Fusée Gelée exploit on Linux, running Atmosphere and HB menu correctly, and launching NSP game fine.

Thanks to everyone for the help.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

ISSUE FIXED

It was in fact an update required to get my SDXC card compatible.
Every time I was booting on Horizon (standard FW) the switch was asking for an update to support SDXC.
After upgrade my switch FW I was able to boot Atmosphere correctly with a SDXC card.

@Kiro04 the SDXC update is not related to a particular FW version but get triggered the first time you plug a SDXC card.

The best way to upgrade without burning efuse here should be :

1. Get a SDHC card to run Atmosphere, then upgrade using ChoixDuJourNX to get the update for SDXC card
2. Run Atmosphere from the SDXC card

For who are interested of 6.1.0, so far so good running for Fusée Gelée exploit on Linux, running Atmosphere and HB menu correctly, and launching NSP game fine.

@Kiro04 Agree on exFAT, I've be able to get it run but it look like that FAT32 is doing better.

Thanks to everyone for the help.

palantine

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Some may call that a downgrade

I for one want nothing to do with a custom firmware like atmosphere where the dev is working on implementing DRM to control what people can or can't use if they are running it. ReiNX has never tried to enforce or restrict what people do with their own device and other cfw developers have stolen reinx patches to try and make their stuff more competitive. Stock atmosphere for example does not allow installing custom NSPs, NCAs, ES patching or FS patching. The hot patch system was cribbed after it was successful on reinx, yet people conveniently try to ignore this.

Reactions: DaBlackDeath

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I for one want nothing to do with a custom firmware like atmosphere where the dev is working on implementing DRM to control what people can or can't use if they are running it. ReiNX has never tried to enforce or restrict what people do with their own device and other cfw developers have stolen reinx patches to try and make their stuff more competitive. Stock atmosphere for example does not allow installing custom NSPs, NCAs, ES patching or FS patching. The hot patch system was cribbed after it was successful on reinx, yet people conveniently try to ignore this.
What drm is being implemented for atmosphere?

Links2586

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I had this just just happened to me. The difference is my SD card is formatted to fat32. How do I go about resolving this? The system won't even boot.

Last edited by Links2586,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...