Error #004

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Gus122000, Sep 20, 2014.

1. Gus122000
    OP

Gus122000 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 15, 2007
    I just bought a used Wii U off Amazon and when I tried to load something via the SD port on the Wii menu (non-piracy related) I encountered the message: "Error #004, system files are corrupt" I heard this is some sort of scare tactic to prevent people from modding their consoles but I would still like to be able to use the SD port in general. How do I go about fixing this ?

Side note: I'm not sure if this is related but for some reason I tried this with two SD cards. One overheated like crazy and the console wouldn't even analyze what was in the card (the sd card might be damaged) and the other one did not heat up at all. When I clicked the SD card icon on the bottom left of the Wii menu it simply analyzed it and then revealed the error above.

2. Gus122000
    OP

Gus122000 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 15, 2007
    Is there any way I can mod the wii menu so I can have the homebrew channel on it again ?

3. VashTS

VashTS Beat it, son

Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    Upstate NY
    you will need a game exploit, lego indiana jones is the one i have but super smash bros brawl is the best one.

indiana pwns is for lego indy
    smash stack is for SSBB