Gaming Error #002 - Genuine Game + Wii System Menu, Why?

Mulsiphix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.Talislanta.com
XP
Country
United States
I do have a modded Wii, but I am trying to run a legitimate game (UDraw Instant Artist) from the Wii System Menu. When it starts up I get the Error #002 screen. When I search online this seems to be related purely to backups and backup loaders. I have an official Wii product and disc here, so I'm pretty sure this isn't a glorified pirated game sold as the real thing. It came packaged with a genuine UDraw peripheral.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If I remember that correctly newer games check if they are running in the correct IOS and throw the 002 blue screen if they detect running under the wrong one -- it does not matter if the disc is legit or backup.

Priiloader can force games to use IOS 249 which is a cIOS on a correctly modded Wii allowing backup DVD-R on older consoles. I got this error when experimenting with New Super Mario Bros. Wii.

Loaders like Neogamma should work around this (and USB loaders should always patch the games on the fly when loading from HDD).

Try disabling the Priiloader setting "Force disc games to use IOS 249" or whatever it is called if activated.

Reactions: Mulsiphix

Mulsiphix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.Talislanta.com
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried getting a legit ISO from your own disk then run it in a USB loader?
Not yet. I just got this game in the mail so I haven't had a chance to ISO it yet. I gave it to my kids as a present though so I was looking for a quick fix, as I've never ripped my own game before, plus I would need to do some PC work to gain access to my currently uninstalled DVD-R burner.

...newer games check if they are running in the correct IOS and throw the 002 blue screen if they detect running under the wrong one -- it does not matter if the disc is legit or backup.
Now I fully understand. Thank you for educating me :lol:

Try disabling the Priiloader setting "Force disc games to use IOS 249" or whatever it is called if activated.
This solved my problem immediately.

Reactions: KleinesSinchen

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Nighty night.