Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
To those who got banned. How early did you use it online and what services did you use? I had a couple wifi battles yesterday and checked this morning. Can still access eShop and connect online in Alpha Sapphire. Though I did version fix my CIA and reinstalled it yesterday before I did those online battles.... :P

FYI, the correct version the CIA should have is 0.1.0 (or v16 as the CDN sees it)

GamingAori

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
To those who got banned. How early did you use it online and what services did you use? I had a couple wifi battles yesterday and checked this morning. Can still access eShop and connect online in Alpha Sapphire. Though I did version fix my CIA and reinstalled it yesterday before I did those online battles.... :P

FYI, the correct version the CIA should have is 0.1.0 (or v16 as the CDN sees it)
how do I change the version? I started playing it online 3 days ago.

Favna

#PCMasterRace
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Netherlands

For me just yesterday and I did a couple of trades

TomatoPaste

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, if I wonder traded a couple days ago but haven't gone online since... wonder if they got me.
In other words, wonder if they were logging traffic or if they are getting banned when they hit...

Last edited by TomatoPaste,

Apache Thunder

Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Well you get the CIA you downloaded, extract the CXIs using ctrtool:

Code:
ctrtool -x --contents=Game NameOfYourGame.cia

then repack the cxis like this. The smaller CXI will be the game manual. Be sure you pack the manual to the correct ID or the CIA will be bad! By default ctrtool will extract them as game.0000.0000000 and game.0001.00000001. Those are your CXIs. The smaller one is the manual and uses id 1 while the main game content is always id 0. ;)

Code:
makerom -f cia -content Main_00000000.cxi:0:0 -content Manual_00000001.cxi:1:1 -major 0 -minor 1 -micro 0 -o PokémonMoon_Fixed.cia

Note this version setting is only valid for Moon. Pokémon Sun has a different version number and I don't have that game installed so I haven't bothered to check what it was. Those who downloaded the game off CDN (The seed encrypted version) will have a cia that displays the correct version in DevMenu when you go to install it. So that's how you can retrieve the correct version string for Sun.

I encrypted the CIA to retail keys with Decrypt9 for good measure before reinstalling it. Backup your save it will be wiped when you uninstall the game.

As for me I did not use the wondertrade system or battlespot. I did a couple wifi battles. I had it online for at least an hour in total I think? But my system seems fine today. Either got lucky or the version fix was why I avoided the ban wave.

Last edited by Apache Thunder,

Capitán Retraso

GBATemp's Retard
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
So im one of those with 2 bans (002-0102 for games and 022-2812 for eshop)
Only used the plaza for 5 minutes. I hope its a temp ban (i doubt it is anyways)
Luckily i dont really care about 3ds online so i guess im good (?)

Reactions: KytuzuEX

I_AM_L_FORCE

Unban me from Discord
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
FYI the bans people been getting requires a modified ctcert to bypass. Currently no CFW does this. (for good reason as devs don't want people stealing ctcerts from instore consoles and what not)
If there is demand there will always be supply. Plus wouldn't there be a ctert injection-esk feature? Like CFW does for secureinfoA

Apache Thunder

Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
If there is demand there will always be supply. Plus wouldn't there be a ctert injection-esk feature? Like CFW does for secureinfoA

The issue with that is you have to replace your ctcert with one from a different console...Your going down a slippery slope once people start doing that...

I_AM_L_FORCE

Unban me from Discord
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The issue with that is you have to replace your ctcert with one from a different console...Your going down a slippery slope once people start doing that...
Hmm. Wouldn't NTR be a potential solution? As it can edit RAM

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Plus, @Aurora Wright tells me it's a console ID thing

Apache Thunder

Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Ctcert is in ITCM ram I think? From what I've been hearing. It's easily do able for any CFW dev. But you'd have to convince them to do it.

Also ctcert would have to be replaced everytime the console boots up as you can't "permanently" alter it.

I_AM_L_FORCE

Unban me from Discord
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ctcert is in ITCM ram I think? From what I've been hearing. It's easily do able for any CFW dev. But you'd have to convince them to do it.

Also ctcert would have to be replaced everytime the console boots up as you can't "permanently" alter it.
So you in theory could

Extract your own consoles Ctcert, edit of then re-inject it, reminiscent of Secureinfo_A?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I have discovered a hilarious corner of youtube. meme ASMR
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That sick boy yo
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was hoping I could add a custom ROM to this fire HD 10 tablet but guess no one's made twrp available
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Root it? Lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    That shit is so locked down, tighter than a nun's ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know if that's even possible for the firmware
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You can remove the bloat ware and ads easily but can't install a rom
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    20 some years later crash bandicoot still pisses me off
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been on since 9.0
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    Veho @ Veho: What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous...