Hacking ERROR #001 unauthorized device has been detected.

Jhonyb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hello

I have a PAL Wii with Wiikey and sometime ago it upgraded too 3.4e firmware. I wasnt too worried bc i never installed homebrew chann or used twilight hack.
Thou now i tried too run ROCK BAND 2 ntsc on my PAL wii (brickblocked and regionfrii) and the disc would load but it would give me:

ERROR #001
unauthorized device has been detected.

All the time... so i thought was something RB2 related i then tried Animal Crossing PAL i did the update since was the same region has my console and the disc loaded and then it gave me the ERROR. I found it strange and i tried Sam & Max PAL and again the ERROR i tried one game that had worked Wario Land Shake It (NTSC) brickblocked and Regionfrii and this one worked.

Is this error related with firmware 3.4e ???? should i downgrade??? anyone has a guide too do it????

thx guys in advance

Ga1l0w

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
It has to be the firmware. Downgrade to 3.2E, install starfall, and then manually install the 3.3/3.4 IOS's later, so you remain at 3.2

Also, there is a sam and max thread on here somewhere, because other have been having issues to. Animal crossing and RB2 also need certain cIOS and IOS's installed.

Jhonyb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
The question i make is:

Since i have a modchip, can i simply install the homebrew channel on 3.4e and then use geckoOS too run the games? is that possible?

smileipb2.png

Jhonyb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hello again...

Ok i installed HBC, i downgraded to 3.2E, i installed Starfall (like the tutorial in the sticky, same options selected also)

So 2 questions now:

1st one: Can i delete all the files i used on all those installs? or even format the SD card? theres no problem?

2nd one: I still get the same error on Animal Crossing and Rock Band 2 what do i need to do more?

ty guys

EDIT: I dled and installed GECKOOS but it says "its not a valid wii application" when i try too load it

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Get the latest version of Gecko OS, your version is outdated, maybe one of the 002 fix versions? (In the how to fix 002 thread should be a link for a Gecko OS with 002 fix by me)

I don't know much about modchips, but i think you have to update your modchip firmware. If this doesn't help there should be 2 possible solutions for you:
1. trucha sign the disc, i heard this should remove the 001 error. And if you touch the disc anyway you could get the Generic Wii Patcher and patch 001 out of the game to be sure.
2. Play with my toy. No this is not a serious suggestion, as i know that it is too complicated for lots of people. But with it, it could be possible to get red of the 001 error with reburning. No i will not anser questions about my toy. (http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=125909)

Generic Wii Patcher:
http://www.gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=77938

Jhonyb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Since my ModChip runs SSBB i presume it has firmware 1.9s
Correct if im wrong pls...

QUOTE said:
Get the latest version of Gecko OS, your version is outdated, maybe one of the 002 fix versions?

Can u direct too a thread with it? or send me via pm if possible i found 1 here but the download link is broken

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
Jhonyb said:
Since my ModChip runs SSBB i presume it has firmware 1.9s
Correct if im wrong pls...

QUOTE said:
Get the latest version of Gecko OS, your version is outdated, maybe one of the 002 fix versions?

Can u direct too a thread with it? or send me via pm if possible i found 1 here but the download link is broken

Is the SSBB you got dual layer?
Still games could be patched with generic wii patcher and can be played with modchips without that error 001 fix... so you can't assume anything regarding that...
99% you don't have the latest update for the wiikey

Jhonyb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Yes the SSBB is dual layer
wink.gif

Ok i followed DJTaz (http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=108959) guide and i have too say YOU ROCK DJTAZZ!!!!
I formated my SD card and copied all files and followed Dj instructions and RB2 and Animal Crossing (that were giving me the error) are now WORKING FLAWLESSLY
wink.gif

Thou i have 1 last question:

If i want too play wii shop games on my wii (like World of Goo) what do i have too do ????

thx for all the assistance

bdw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
today I was sitting around here bored & started to plonk around on my Wii
I noticed that a LOT of the IOSs are snubbed or mothballed, so I got clever (see "stupid in disguise") & decided to use the latest DOP v8 to activate them.

after that I decided to update IOS35 to v3349 which is the version used with System Menu 4.2
I'm on System Menu 4.1u, but the Wad Manager let me install IOS35-64-3349 wad w/o any complaints.

the rev in the IOS35 before thev3349 install was v3092

according to WiiBrew.org IOS35 is used by Super Marios Galaxy, so I plugged that disc in the drive & let'r'rip, but that's when I got the Error #001
DOH ! !! !!!

I'm going to uninstall that WAD either with DOP or Wad Manager ASAP
hope it works

bdw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi-jack the thread ?
you guys take yourselves WAY too seriously, LOL

so if I'd started a new thread you'd ask me why I didn't tack it onto an old thread !
the error was #001, same title as this thread

anyway, I got the bloody thing working again by downgrading cIOS38 from r15 to r14
so I guess opening the stubs on IOS 50 & 51 wasn't causing the problem, nor the upgrade to v3349 for IOS35

gamecat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi BDW.

Are you still on sysmenu 4.2?

I am having the same problem i think - getting 001 error when trying to play backups but fine through a usb loader.

THanks

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
WiiCrazy said:
Do the latest firmware update (1.9s) for wiikey... It has the fix for the 001 error...
Not really.

I still get #001 error with that firmware. I have always, as WiiPower has stated, used GWP to fix this error. Yeah, it involves a reburn but I ended up doing it before a burn anyway.
http://www.gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=77938

I wouldn't reccomend downgrading at all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: Good morning everyone