Hacking ERROR #001 unauthorized device has been detected.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
BBking83 said:
WiiCrazy said:
Do the latest firmware update (1.9s) for wiikey... It has the fix for the 001 error...
Not really.

I still get #001 error with that firmware. I have always, as WiiPower has stated, used GWP to fix this error. Yeah, it involves a reburn but I ended up doing it before a burn anyway.
http://www.gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=77938

I wouldn't reccomend downgrading at all.

With cIOS rev7 you won't get 001 error, that should be technically impossible. On cIOS rev8 - 13b, most 001 games will work, but some won't and you won't be able to patch 001 with GWP for them. On cIOS rev14 - 16 i assume you always get 001 error if you did not patch it manually.

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
Hang on. Is that regarding your NeoGamma disc loader? I'm 99% sure that the cIOS has nothing to do with the mod chip. I also thought that your loader didn't need or have anything to do with a modchip? Being the whole point of a softmod that didn't require hard/mod chipping it.

I without a doubt trust you regarding the cIOS versions.

I was just talking about loading from the Disc Channel, but I'm sure a disc loader is as much of a work around as a main.dol patch (and also doesn't require a reburn).

ocdetective

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
BBking83 said:
WiiCrazy said:
Do the latest firmware update (1.9s) for wiikey... It has the fix for the 001 error...
Not really.

I still get #001 error with that firmware. I have always, as WiiPower has stated, used GWP to fix this error. Yeah, it involves a reburn but I ended up doing it before a burn anyway.
http://www.gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=77938

I wouldn't reccomend downgrading at all.
The recommendation to downgrade was made at a time when 4.0 and above didn't exist so I think it was a perfectly reasonable suggestion! Bear in mind also that 3.4 removed the trucha bug...

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
BBking83 said:
Hang on. Is that regarding your NeoGamma disc loader? I'm 99% sure that the cIOS has nothing to do with the mod chip. I also thought that your loader didn't need or have anything to do with a modchip? Being the whole point of a softmod that didn't require hard/mod chipping it.

I without a doubt trust you regarding the cIOS versions.

I was just talking about loading from the Disc Channel, but I'm sure a disc loader is as much of a work around as a main.dol patch (and also doesn't require a reburn).

I was talking about your situation. You have a modchip that does not handle 001 error properly and also makes it impossible for the more advanced cIOS(14+) to handle it correctly.

If you want a play a new game that has one of the new 001 error versions, your only chance may be cIOS rev7 + a loader or a cioscorp based on cIOS rev7. Did you try New Super Mario Bros?

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanx WiiPower.

I don't use my WiiKey anymore, I was trying to help out the OP (which I realised posted over 1 year ago) and was also responding to the WiiKey firmware 1.9s fixes #001.

But, because you asked, I have tried to patch NSMBW with GWP and got rid of it but still had problems trying to play it through the Disc Channel (and NeoGamma, BTW. Which rev7 might fix?) but this was at this time when it wasn't working through any USB loaders. I use that now.

When I was using my WiiKey, every game that couldn't find the #001 with GWP I didn't have a problem with.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
BBking83 said:
Thanx WiiPower.

I don't use my WiiKey anymore, I was trying to help out the OP (which I realised posted over 1 year ago) and was also responding to the WiiKey firmware 1.9s fixes #001.

But, because you asked, I have tried to patch NSMBW with GWP and got rid of it but still had problems trying to play it through the Disc Channel (and NeoGamma, BTW. Which rev7 might fix?) but this was at this time when it wasn't working through any USB loaders. I use that now.

When I was using my WiiKey, every game that couldn't find the #001 with GWP I didn't have a problem with.

Ok, if you don't get 001 erros, rev7 won't help you with anything(obviously). I mean the cIOS rev7 release that is years old, the one that came out with the Gamma loader.

Which patch did you use? There were 2 different ones, and the 1st one only worked for better modchips and usb loading, while the 2nd works for everything.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E