Error 0000001F Gateway 3DS

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Matt3o, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Matt3o
    OP

Matt3o Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 22, 2014
    Italy
    Hi, I just registered on this forum because my new gateway just arrived but I can't use it. I set up everything correctly but as soon as I want to go into gateway mode , it says that I need to update the card but it won't do it as it will give me an error 0000001F and I can't update it. I already tried the tape trick but with no results and contacted yeahgeek to see if I can RMA it (I'm waiting for their reply), but as I probably will need to ship the card back to china I would like to know if is there anything I can do to fix it myself? Here is a photo of the problem
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

2. alexenochs

alexenochs GBAtemp Fan

Aug 30, 2010
    United States
    Make sure it's not a fake gateway

3. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    not really, if you where out of warranty people had some sucess with soldering a pin that can be loose on the FPGA, but really if in warranty i would just get a replacement.....better than getting more issues down the line and being out of warranty this time

4. Matt3o
    OP

Matt3o Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 22, 2014
    Italy
    The card seems to be original, I checked the back of the card and the middle pin is long. I'll wait and see what yeahgeek says, meanwhile, did anyone do an RMA with yeahgeek?

5. olfa

olfa GBAtemp Regular

Nov 19, 2013
    Bolivia
    isn't that the second user having problem with gw3ds from yeahgeek ?

6. Gadorach

Gadorach Electronics Engineering Technologist

Jan 22, 2014
    Canada
    Canada
    The site likely just got unlucky and was sent a patchy shipment from the factory. It sucks, but I'm not sure I would blame yeahgeek for that without evidence to show intentional wrongdoing.

7. DragonSky

DragonSky GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 27, 2010
    Belgium
    Replace or format your sd card inside 3ds tried that?

8. MelonGx

MelonGx GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 8, 2009
    China
    0000001F on upgrading GW's FW is a hardware problem.
    It is caused by the GW firmware chip's incomplete welding.
    Please RMA it.

BTW, this problem was popular at the days GW released Omega 2.0b in March-April 2014.