ArviDroid

Infamous GBAtemper
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Hello.
Often when I play any 3DS game it'll crash, stating "ErrDisp". The crashes happen mostly at random but, in some instances, they are permanently located at a certain "location" in-game.

To solve this I´ve tried:
  • Updating b9s/ luma
  • CTRTransfer
  • Formatting SD card
  • Using a different SD card
  • Reinstalling the games
What I´ve yet to try:
  • Restore old backup (have none since they were accidentally deleted)
  • Luma 3DS legacy build (that´s compatible with b9s 1.3?)
  • ???
Nothing that I've tried yet has worked out. The 3DS was bought roughly 1.5 year ago, brand new. The problem has been persistent for as long as I can remember. I´ve looked at every possible post on the internet, but similiar errors stay unsolved. If you might have a clue on how to solve this, then don't hesitate to reply!

Thanks in advance.

N3DS XL on fw 11.6 with b9s 1.3 and luma 9.0.

Attachments

• 20180413_160013.jpg
    20180413_160013.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 322

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Wild guess, does 3DS Camera work? This kinda points to hardware failure...

ErrDisp is nothing more than the usual useless "an error has occurred" screen, just that Luma replaces it with something more useful (but not too much, without exact source/disassembly of the crashing software)

VzUh

you are now reading my custom title
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
the only things left to test (if my mind isn't skipping anything important) are other CFW and maybe an emuNAND to discard NAND failure, but I doubt any of those help. This is screaming "I Am A Hardware Failure"

ArviDroid

Infamous GBAtemper
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Wild guess, does 3DS Camera work? This kinda points to hardware failure...

ErrDisp is nothing more than the usual useless "an error has occurred" screen, just that Luma replaces it with something more useful (but not too much, without exact source/disassembly of the crashing software)
The cameras work as expected! It´s kinda lame buying a brand new faulty 3DS, if that´s the case...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

the only things left to test (if my mind isn't skipping anything important) are other CFW and maybe an emuNAND to discard NAND failure, but I doubt any of those help. This is screaming "I Am A Hardware Failure"
It might be worth a shot at this point, to do what you suggested.

I´ve noted that the 3DS only crashes while playing normal 3DS games and not in Virtual Console or NDS games. Nice.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I´ve noted that the 3DS only crashes while playing normal 3DS games and not in Virtual Console
Unless you mean virtualized GBA games, VC is not different from regular 3DS games... except in possibly not trying to access certain hardware (I originally mentioned the cameras as those are the most common things to crash their driver if they're not connected)

It´s kinda lame buying a brand new faulty 3DS, if that´s the case...
1 year and half is still within the European warranty; if you have an ntrboot card (or of course can get one), why not remove CFW, check if the problem remains (it most likely will) and return it?

JCarrillo95

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I had the same issues. Yesterday I formatted my sd card with godmode9 on 32kb clusters and updated luma with a stable firm version and apparently errdisp errors gone.
I'm gonna notify you if games crash again.

ArviDroid

Infamous GBAtemper
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Unless you mean virtualized GBA games, VC is not different from regular 3DS games... except in possibly not trying to access certain hardware (I originally mentioned the cameras as those are the most common things to crash their driver if they're not connected)

1 year and half is still within the European warranty; if you have an ntrboot card (or of course can get one), why not remove CFW, check if the problem remains (it most likely will) and return it?
Sadly I don't have ntrboot... And I don' think I'll buy a new 3DS.

I had the same issues. Yesterday I formatted my sd card with godmode9 on 32kb clusters and updated luma with a stable firm version and apparently errdisp errors gone.
I'm gonna notify you if games crash again.
I've previously done the same thing as you without any result. All I'm saying is don't jump to conclusions. Play for a few days/ hours and there's a chance that the crashes will be back. Like in my case I played more than like 6 hours before getting an error.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, lol +1