ENOUGH WITH THE FLAMES

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by Narin, Sep 25, 2008.

Sep 25, 2008

ENOUGH WITH THE FLAMES by Narin at 2:22 PM (4,390 Views / 0 Likes) 46 replies

1. Narin
    OP

Former Staff Narin The Cheat Master, kupo!

United States
    Yes, we all know that the R4 is well, dead. Though that doesn't excuse people to flame people who own an R4 or looking to buy one. Flaming people isn'thelp anyone and all it does is actually out people off from the forums. Yes, you can kindly state that the R4 isn dead but don't make a big deal over it, don't post a hundred times in the same topic that its dead, don't bash the person for it. Also don't go saying stuff like "The R4 is dead, get a CycloDS", if a person ask for suggestions for an alternate flashcard,then give it to them.

STAY ON TOPIC, going on rants about the R4 isn't exactly staying on topic. People come here with questions so please answer them first. People are getting tired ot eh hostility towards the R4 users and actually putting people off visiting this board. So please, can you guys tone it down a little?

Seriously, I'm getting tired of all the constant flames here. I should have to rash over 10 posts in one night in the R4DS discussion forum due to offtopic and flames.

One last note, for the record I have an R4 myself which I got way back when the R4 was popular. Yes, I know its an old flashcard which don't really compete with the flashcards now a days, but overall, with YSMenu its still a decent cart for the casual gamer. Though yes, the R4 isn't being manufactured anymore and you will be lucky if any more official updates are made but don't flame and bash people for this.

2. Raestloz

Member Raestloz GBATemp's Lone Wolf

Indonesia
    I thought this is about beve [​IMG]

Well, I never bash R4 users, nor the cart itself, so I'm cool

BTW, Narin, have I read this kind of post before? I think you've posted this kind of words before....

3. Twiffles

Member Twiffles танковые победы

Germany
  4. strata8

Member strata8 Look! A pointless distraction!

Australia
    ^^ So did I!

I don't flame people who want an R4, but I get annoyed by people who blatantly think that the R4 is the best flashcart out there, regardless of what everyone else says.

5. ZPE

Member ZPE GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Can't agree with you more Narin but I doubt this attempt of yours will stop CycloDS fanbois from flooding topics.

6. Raestloz

Indonesia
    Well, to some point, Cyclo fanboys is right, Cyclo is better than R4, no doubt, but, hell, sometimes their way of saying things is overlimit

7. ZPE

Member ZPE GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    The way I see it you should stick to flashcarts you're happy with. R4 ticks a lot of these boxes for most people but obviously the CycloDS has more features but why pay for them features if your current one is doing all you want it to do? It's like PCs, low-end for web surfers and high-end ones for gamers. Anyway, I don't care. Getting a CycloDS soon anyway. [​IMG]

8. Raven Darkheart

Member Raven Darkheart The Radioactive Flamer

United States
    this is the main reason for most of the flames out there narin.

9. Holaitsme

Member Holaitsme 10/10 would be loyal again

United States
    I just flame beve.

10. da_head

Member da_head A dying dream..

Canada
  11. Raestloz

Indonesia
    No, you didn't you're just doing things the right way [​IMG]

P.S: I can't believe it, we uploaded the same sig at the same day!

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Dark^'^Knigh

Member Dark^'^Knigh GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    I don't flame anyone. I'm a plumber, I bash knobs for a livin' [​IMG]

13. paul3100

Member paul3100 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Thats wrong for a start Narin , The R4 most certainly is dead! No official cards been produced any more from the official R4 team and No new kernal updates for over 4 months with lots of the latest games not working without some hack or other..... So yes the R4 is DEAD R.I.P

Now on to flame wars, Some people just ask for this to happen by having such thread titles as

My R4 Rocks

You all may have seen this one as its new and quite often on the main page which is where i usually brows only for topics to read and reply too.

Anyway with a title like that he is just asking for us all to come over and start flaming, i mean anyone who comes here regularly knows the R4 has fallen out of favor with the majority of users and a little reading about before posting dumb threads/questions would prevent anyone from being jumped on.

When i see an R4 thread by anyone all i say is its old/dead so move on, i recommend supercard/cyclods and others going by price and features.

Rant over.............. paul

PS: i for one am getting mighty sick also of hearing about the R4, just everyone stop talking about it and let it die a quiet death.

14. Toni Plutonij

Former Staff Toni Plutonij *has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!

Croatia
    That's one big entertaining sig you've got there Dark Knight!!

Funny, but whenever you post something, I can't help myself, I have to read it....and it always makes me laugh!!

15. Raestloz

Indonesia
    R4 won't die quietly, that's why there're things like R4 Deluxe, R4 Upgrade III, R4SDHC, and so on, to keep R4 from getting a peaceful death [​IMG]

16. Raven Darkheart

Member Raven Darkheart The Radioactive Flamer

United States
    you forgot ppl like ozzymod who's fanning the fake r4 phenomenonso a quiet death wont happen anytime soon.

17. berlinka

Member berlinka You have sustained a lethal injury.

Netherlands
    I don't give a shit about rants! So here I go.

I love my R4. It does exactly what it must do and what I think is important. People who don't appreciate this can just sod off.

It's simple why I'm so content with this card. I started with a phat DS and a Supercard CF way back when. It were desperate times for the pioneering DS pirates, as you had to have a real game card for you to save the game on. This game card had to have the same save file size as the rom you were playing, it was insane. Nintendogs was the game I couldn't play in those days because I didn't have a game card with a 512k save file. Someone even made a nice little program to pull your save off of the game card in case you wanted to play another game and you had to use that same slot for it.

I was as happy as Larry.

After that it all went uphill very slowly. The Supercard got fabulous updates and it was a winner. Especially when they put out the micro sd version. But still you had to the flashme method. Which was always risky.

When I bought the DS Lite I heard about the R4 and that it was a passme and flashcart in one device. SUPER! It just was the BOMB. You didn't even have to patch the roms, like with the Supercard. Everybody on GBAtemp was in love with this thing. So I bought that one, so I had roms on my Slot2 and Slot1. 4 GB worth of games on my DS.

Since then the R4 let's me play all my games. It works perfectly. I hardly use the Supercard, as the R4 is the card I use most.

I don't give a shit about cheats, slow motion bullshit and other media nonsense.

The R4 is the cart for me. Suck on that!

18. Raestloz

Indonesia
    What happened to ya? This thread is supposed to be clear from any R4 and Cyclo fanboy......

19. Noobix

Member Noobix GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Nicely said!!! [​IMG]

I got my R4 to replace the EZPass3 for my original EZFlash IV Lite, (What a combination is those days 4GB of DS and Gameboy games!) but found myself slowly just using the R4 over the next few years.

All these kids who have just found out about "flashcarts", really haven't got a clue. Long after their carts are dead and buried R4 will be there and going strong! (There's a reason why it's sold more than all the other carts put together, and just that fact means it will keep going for a long time to come. )

I'm rich enough to buy every flash cart out there, but why bother when the R4 does everything I want it to do ?

I must admit I am tempted by the awesome Acekard RPG hardware, but why bother switching simply to get the "best" cart.

Anyway it really doesn't matter what cart you have (And I even include the DS-X)...just be happy that you got/get to play games that you'd never have a chance to play if not for your flashcart and the rest of the scene!

"R4 dead"...ROFL! Because of it's massive user base any game that doesn't work on it will soon have a work around.

R4 will live forever you silly noobs!!! [​IMG]

(PS - Apologies for feeding the trolls. [​IMG] )

20. Raestloz

Indonesia
    :sigh: another fanboy, I thought this nightmare will end soon