Hacking English G6 Lite Released?

Topsy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Do you know what the diffrenece between ADS, and DHL shipping are? I went with ADS because it was the default, and it cost the same.

Donno 'cause I actually chose ADS for shipping when I ordered, but it came by DHL. Go figure?

Just to clarify for newbies to flash carts such as myself, how many games do YOU have on there that makes it full? (I know it's all relative and depends on different rom sizes, but just so I have some sort of estimate

That's really hard to say... Depends on the games. I've erased the card and then filled it full of games a few times now... You can get tons of small games (Like Brain Drain) or say a few big ones (Like Resident Evil)... I think right now, I have about 12 ROMS on it. Plenty!

NOTE: Heads up. I read this before and it's true. The PDA function takes up 80 MB on the G6 Lite! When you first plug in the G6 Lite, it says 400 some odd MBs free... Deleting the PDA dir, gives you the almost full 500 MB. So you gain 80 MB of space for more games, but loose the chinese PDA feature if you delete the \pdaDS & \PDA directories... Pretty much worth it for me to delete hehehe.

blah11

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Oh cool. Thanks for the info.

I think about 12 roms is enough for me. I mean if it's faster loading than the Supercard Lite... and not having to deal with going to find a deal on a Micro SD.

Being in Canada, the micro sd cards seems to be harder to find good deals than the States (even on eBay).

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
FWIW Divineo.com just changed the G6L availability from preorder to "7 Days". Hopefully that means those that preordered are about to get theirs shipped and the 7 Days is for new orders. Hope Hope. I haven't gotten an email from them yet, so I'm remaining skeptical. I don't wanna wait another freakin' week, especially when all you guys are already PLAYING with yours.... Consarnit!

A

Azngamer15

i should be gettin mine tommorow or monday, lol i ordered 2 days ago, when they started shipping the english one, and all of a sudden, im gettin the english one, lucky coincidence that is, wow

anotheruser22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know if it's officially released still as there's no update on the G6 page but I got my English version this morning!!
biggrin.gif

Couldn't wait until Monday so went to DHL and got it myself!!

I doesn't appear to be different to the Chinese version (that I can see and matters to me anyway, I just want to have all my games on the one cartridge) except for the language.

It came with 4 carts, white, dark blue, aqua blue (don't know the official names for these) and a GBA sized one it white....

Haven't used it much yet but anything else I find I'll report back here.

Adventures_of_Lo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
QUOTE said:
 Oh, I thought I would mention that Hopebuy marked the package as "Sample Of Memory Card-Of No Comercial Value" and on declared value they put $30.00 USD (3 quantity x $10.00 USD).

Anyhow, no duties or fees when it arrived (yay) and DHL brought it straight to my door (Vancouver, B.C., Canada).

I hope Divineo.cn does that. It would save me trouble (not to mention money
biggrin.gif
)

blizeH

Trophies
Website
www.zestdesign.net
XP
Country
Guys, I could do with a little advice...

I placed an order last month with psxbox under the pretense that the thing they were selling supported English (the photos of the packaging on their site were all in English anyway), but as soon as I found out it was the Chinese version I quickly asked them to put it on hold, and countless e-mails later they agreed.

Now that the English version is actually released (and over a month since they took my money via PayPal) psxbox aren't responding to my emails at all, and I'm really worried since I ordered two G6 Lite's to the value of £90~ and I'm worried I'm going to lose that money now
frown.gif

--MRB--

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Dear people,

I have contacted psxbox.net by msn and it seems that they have the mail server problem again.
They will reply as soon as possible.

cheers,

Knolly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question for people with both versions...

1. Can the Chinese version be switched to english text for everything but the PDA? I've seen pics that imply this but haven't seen it specifically stated.

2. For people with the English version, is the PDA worth the extra $20-$30 you'd spend on it if you instead got the Chinese version?

My thanks to anyone that can help.

metapy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Knolly, I don't care about the increase in price, the total for my order G6 Lite and Passcard 3 was less than $115 shipped from the US to the US. If I were to buy a card from a foreign source and ship anything other than 14-20 days slow shipping (more time in transit, less tracking, oversea shipments so returns can be awkward if the item is damaged or defective, etc.) the price was the same. So it really boiled down to whether I wanted to use paypal or western union and buy from Asia or wait a month or so and purchase the final revision of the card for my market for the same price with the protection of using a real credit card and a vendor in my continent. I think it was worth the wait...

Topsy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a question for people with both versions...

1. Can the Chinese version be switched to english text for everything but the PDA? I've seen pics that imply this but haven't seen it specifically stated.

2. For people with the English version, is the PDA worth the extra $20-$30 you'd spend on it if you instead got the Chinese version?

My thanks to anyone that can help.

The PDA seems more and more useless to me on the english G6 Lite because it uses 83MB of the G6s 500MBs space! Delete the \PDA and \pdaDS directories off the G6 and you gain a lot more room for ROMs instead...

tomei

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Woohoo, my G6 Lite and Passcard 3 finally came in today. I came home from school and it was already in my room waiting. I have to play with it some more but Hopebuy shipped it fast. My tracking number never worked but they shipped it on a Wednesday and it came on Monday from China. They marked it as a sample of electronic products, 2 items of $10 value worth $20 so there was no fees or customs tax.

I will take some pictures later but the whole box is in English. It came with the GBA adapter and 3 colors of light blue, navy and white covers no black cover.

samzor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
err i should have ordered from hopebuy it's cheaper and faster than divineo.. only reason why i pre-ordered with divineo.com was to avoid customs but now that i know that hopebuy marks the packages as gift under 30$ i kinda regret it :/

hopefully i will get mine before friday ..

frown.gif
wacko.gif
cry.gif

fatfree

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Woohoo, my G6 Lite and Passcard 3 finally came in today. I came home from school and it was already in my room waiting. I have to play with it some more but Hopebuy shipped it fast. My tracking number never worked but they shipped it on a Wednesday and it came on Monday from China. They marked it as a sample of electronic products, 2 items of $10 value worth $20 so there was no fees or customs tax.

I will take some pictures later but the whole box is in English. It came with the GBA adapter and 3 colors of light blue, navy and white covers no black cover.

Ditto!!

hypermog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
We have now changed the item status to "7 Days"
Please expect about a week before we process your order.
Thank you for you patience. We understand everybody is very excited to get
their product(s) and we'll process all pending orders as fast as we can when
the units get in stock.
received today from divineo.com
cry.gif

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Well, FWIW again... Just got an email from Divineo.com about my july 6th preorder:

Dear Customer,
We have now changed the item status to "7 Days"
Please expect about a week before we process your order.
Thank you for you patience. We understand everybody is very excited to get their product(s) and we'll process all pending orders as fast as we can when the units get in stock.
Regards,
Assistant Manager
Divineo.com

Another weeeeeek! Aye Carumba! Oh well, one magical day....

Adventures_of_Lo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I ordered my g6 lite from divineo.cn after the launch, it shipped the very next day, my tracking code works and according to the tracking it today succesfully passed through customs (so no taxes for me
biggrin.gif
) They shipped it on Friday and it should get here tomorrow. Too bad I'm away from home all week so I won't get my hands on it yet, but I'm sure you get my point. Those chinese rule!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: What the hell was that Syl?