Homebrew [ENG] Advice before Homebrewing

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 2,215
  • Replies 22
D

Deleted User

OP
Edit: i want to apologize for my intrusion on my Homebrew pages. I know its not my place and i apologize. Im sorry for wasting your time.

If its not the right place let me know!!

Anyways, I want to make my 3DS have more Longevity with Homebrew since Nintendo went to the Swicth. Shitty idea. maybe.

What i wanna ask is any advice from experts on Homebrew before i do anything, as i dont want to risk a chance of a Bricked system(bad!!) And i want to do it correctly with the right information. Feel free to call me a narc. Im using the website 3ds.hacks.guide as a stepping stone and want advice on what to do for ver 11.13.0.

If any of yall have ideas and advice thank u! And pardon my intrusion!

Last edited by ,

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Anyways, I want to make my 3DS have more Longevity with Homebrew since Nintendo went to the Swicth. Shitty idea. maybe.

What i wanna ask is any advice from experts on Homebrew before i do anything, as i dont want to risk a chance of a Bricked system(bad!!) And i want to do it correctly with the right information. Feel free to call me a narc. Im using the website 3ds.hacks.guide as a stepping stone and want advice on what to do for ver 11.13.0.

https://3ds.hacks.guide/

New Info
D

Deleted User

OP
I feel i should also mention its a New 2DS with a Mini SD card as well! I heard on the guide, thanks to the comment, thank u, you'd need to take it out, but again Mini SDs are tiny!!!!
Are there any devices i can use that are safe and relaible for it?

fmkid

Just another GBATemp's random guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia

I don't understand very well your request (it's somewhat confusing), but inside that guide there's a table indicating what to do/how to proceed according to your console actual firmware version:

https://3ds.hacks.guide/get-started#version-table

I hope it answer to your question

fmkid

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I feel i should also mention its a New 2DS with a Mini SD card as well! I heard on the guide, thanks to the comment, thank u, you'd need to take it out, but again Mini SDs are tiny!!!!
Are there any devices i can use that are safe and relaible for it?
About memory card, a 2GB formatted on FAT32 (32kB cluster size) microSD (only that type of memory device) is enough to start the hacking of your console.

Obviously, that memory size is very tiny... Then you could indeed use a larger size microSD (32GB or higher), but always formatted on FAT32 (that's a mandatory requirement).

Last edited by fmkid,

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
About memory card, a 2GB formatted on FAT32 (32kB cluster size) microSD is enough to start the hacking of your console.

Obviously, that memory size is very tiny... Then you could indeed use a larger size microSD (32GB or higher), but always formatted on FAT32 (that's a mandatory requirement).
its nearly enough, unless they plan on outright skipping the nand backup, which takes basically all of that cards data.

Reactions: E1ite007

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is it necessary to do? (Thank u yall,for reminding me abt mini ds cards i should check it)
Yes, it is needed in case anything goes haywire with the console. The rare time the 3ds will crap out on you. And its also needed if you plan on messing with the 3ds as a way to restore the console if something goes wrong.

D

Deleted User

OP
Yes, it is needed in case anything goes haywire with the console. The rare time the 3ds will crap out on you. And its also needed if you plan on messing with the 3ds as a way to restore the console if something goes wrong.
Thank u for letting me know! This is good info to have for me bc im rlly new to this! Abt what fmkid mentioned abt a mini sd card, the 32kb? (And the guide said to remove it from the ds into my computer which is a windows 10 labtop with a big ol sd card slot too) sorry abt the questions!!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I meant to say gb

fmkid

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Thank u for letting me know! This is good info to have for me bc im rlly new to this! Abt what fmkid mentioned abt a mini sd card, the 32kb? (And the guide said to remove it from the ds into my computer which is a windows 10 labtop with a big ol sd card slot too) sorry abt the questions!!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I meant to say gb
It's microSD (not miniSD).

When I mentioned "32kB" I was referring to the cluster size for FAT32 format. Google about "FAT32 cluster size" if you don't have any idea about it.

If your microSD card is larger than 32GB, then possibly Windows 10 O.S. cannot allow to format it on FAT32. In that case, it's recommended to install/use Minitool Partition Wizard or GUIFormat apps

And if your laptop has a normal SD slot, just use a microSD to SD adapter, or use an USB multicard adapter... But also, if you will, NEW console models have a remote file transfer system (using SMB protocol):

https://en-americas-support.nintend...ove-files-between-a-new-nintendo-3ds-xl-and-a

Last edited by fmkid,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
It's microSD (not miniSD).

When I mentioned "32kB" I was referring to the cluster size for FAT32 format. Google about "FAT32 cluster size" if you don't have any idea about it.

If your microSD card is larger than 32GB, then possibly Windows 10 O.S. cannot allow to format it on FAT32. In that case, it's recommended to install/use SDFormatter or GUIFormat apps

And if your laptop has a normal SD slot, just use a microSD to SD adapter, or use an USB multicard adapter... But also, if you will, NEW console models have a remote file transfer system (using SMB protocol):

https://en-americas-support.nintend...ove-files-between-a-new-nintendo-3ds-xl-and-a
SD Formatter don't format larger cards as FAT32 either, but Minitool Partition Wizard will.

Reactions: Deleted User
New Info
D

Deleted User

OP
Oh update!

I found another way on the same site
https://3ds.hacks.guide/homebrew-launcher-(alternatives).html
Yall think this is good as a alternet or begininer friendly version of homebrew?

The last notes says u can still use all of normal homebrew!

And from a overall concessus, i should get a fat32(32gb if i cant find one) for homebrew and can you have stuff on the system and on the card?

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh update!

I found another way on the same site
https://3ds.hacks.guide/homebrew-launcher-(alternatives).html
Yall think this is good as a alternet or begininer friendly version of homebrew?

The last notes says u can still use all of normal homebrew!

And from a overall concessus, i should get a fat32(32gb if i cant find one) for homebrew and can you have stuff on the system and on the card?
Its useless to yourself if your console is on 11.13. as that one only works for firmware versions 9.0.0 to 11.3.0. And you are still confusing the sd card. You can get a 32gb card yes. But when you select how to format. it will as about 32kb cluster size for the FAT32 option.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.