Encoding problem?

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Arubaro, Dec 11, 2016.

  1. Arubaro
    OP

    Arubaro Soulspace Guardian

    Member
    4
    Sep 4, 2015
    Hi there,
    so today I was messing around with some cias and ended up with a JPN one that I'm not able to extract from. This game is called Time Travelers.

    I'm using a decrypted cia and have the following results:

    When extracting exefs using ctrtool (32bit version)
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

    I've also tried RomFSExtractor to extract the romfs, but it gives me an error like
    "not a valid romfs binary"
    or something like that.

    Then I saw the names of the sections in the report above and thought if it's an encoding problem and if it is, I would want to know if there is a workaround.

    I've also tried to run these programs with a japanese locale configuration and other decrypted .cia/.3ds of the same game, but no avail.

    Any clue? Thanks in advance
     
  2. Arubaro
    OP

    Arubaro Soulspace Guardian

    Member
    4
    Sep 4, 2015
    I think I've solved it.
    I anyone want to know what was the problem, It seems that this game in specific is packed as a .cpk, so I needed aditional software to unpack it.
    For some reason, it's not working if I use ctrtool directly, so I used 3DS ROM Tools by shadowtrance.
    That will extract the romfs as a .cpk which needs another software in order to extract files from (quickbms + the proper script will do)
     
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice