EmuNAND

SnAQ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, yesterday i hacked my Switch for the first time and installed Atmosphere.
I opted for the emummc version, i started with backning up my SD card to my computer and inserted the new larger one in my Switch to make a partition.
After awhile it was completed, and in Hekate it says Emu enabled (as well in the Switch system settings it says AMS E)
The files i backed up on my computer, where do i put them?
And when those are in the correct place, can i play my legit e-shop games even on CFW?
And if i understand correctly, doing the emunand version keeps my Switch "untouched" while booting up the OFW, so i can (at my own risk) go online etc etc?

Whats the MUST HAVE apps on the CFW?

Is there any way to install homebrew apps via Android wireless?

Lots of questions, i know

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
The files from the old SD card like the Nintendo folder? Copy that to the new card so you have your game in sysmmc again. You should also copy the Nintendo folder to the emummc folder so you also have the same in emummc. Sysmmc and emummc are separate and use separate Nintendo folders

If your legit games can be played offline then yes, you can also play them in emummc after you have copied the Nintendo folder into the emummc folder.

You can go online when you boot sysmmc the normal way (ofw). Only use cfw un emummc and block Nintendo servers with DNSmitm

Most homebrew isn't installed but copied to the Switch folder. You can do that via ftp if you use the ftp server homebrew app. That way you can do it wirelessly from Android. You can also download homebrew directly on the switch from the homebrew app store

SnAQ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The files from the old SD card like the Nintendo folder? Copy that to the new card so you have your game in sysmmc again. You should also copy the Nintendo folder to the emummc folder so you also have the same in emummc. Sysmmc and emummc are separate and use separate Nintendo folders

If your legit games can be played offline then yes, you can also play them in emummc after you have copied the Nintendo folder into the emummc folder.

You can go online when you boot sysmmc the normal way (ofw). Only use cfw un emummc and block Nintendo servers with DNSmitm

Most homebrew isn't installed but copied to the Switch folder. You can do that via ftp if you use the ftp server homebrew app. That way you can do it wirelessly from Android. You can also download homebrew directly on the switch from the homebrew app store

Thanks, so if i want to have an exact copy of my sysnand on my emunand i have to copy the whole Nintendo folder into the emummc folder?
(I have a 256gb sd, and my original Nintendo folder is 90 gb 🤣)

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, so if i want to have an exact copy of my sysnand on my emunand i have to copy the whole Nintendo folder into the emummc folder?
(I have a 256gb sd, and my original Nintendo folder is 90 gb 🤣)

When you make an emunand it only mirror what ever it is installed on internal storage.

SnAQ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
When you make an emunand it only mirror what ever it is installed on internal storage.
I´m just trying to be cautious when doing all this, do i need more than 1 partition on my sdcard to have a "proper" emunand?
The way i see it is like this:
On the root of the sd are both the emunand folder AND the original folders, should it be like that?

And also, if someone were to download a copy of a game i legally own on put on my Switch to play on emunand, would i need to fiddle with all the keys then?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I´m just trying to be cautious when doing all this, do i need more than 1 partition on my sdcard to have a "proper" emunand?
The way i see it is like this:
On the root of the sd are both the emunand folder AND the original folders, should it be like that?

And also, if someone were to download a copy of a game i legally own on put on my Switch to play on emunand, would i need to fiddle with all the keys then?

The Nintendo folder is for Sysnand, obviously don't link your Nintendo ID to any CFW, you can't mix NSP with online play.

SnAQ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, now i´m starting to get angry
No matter what i try, i can´t install anything
I can´t install Tinfoil, it just gives me an error
I can´t install games with Goldleaf & Quark
I can´t install games with Awoo & NS-USBloader

What am i missing?

Quincy

Your own personal guitarist :3
Trophies
Website
youtek.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ok, now i´m starting to get angry
No matter what i try, i can´t install anything
I can´t install Tinfoil, it just gives me an error
I can´t install games with Goldleaf & Quark
I can´t install games with Awoo & NS-USBloader

What am i missing?
Sigpatches. Without sigpatches installed (or a different way to spoof application signatures) anything with a non-valid signature (i.e. not compiled/approved by Nintendo or one of its partners) is not going to install. Do note, for 17.0.0 there's nothing available yet so if your emunand is up-to-date you might first need to downgrade back to 16.3.0 with daybreak.

SnAQ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sigpatches. Without sigpatches installed (or a different way to spoof application signatures) anything with a non-valid signature (i.e. not compiled/approved by Nintendo or one of its partners) is not going to install. Do note, for 17.0.0 there's nothing available yet so if your emunand is up-to-date you might first need to downgrade back to 16.3.0 with daybreak.
And it should be totally safe to downgrade on my emunand?

SnAQ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes it is safe as long as you use Daybreak to do it
Im starting to believe that my sigpatches doesn't load properly.
Could you explain how to properly load them?

Im using the TegraRCM app on my computer, which payload should i send?

Quincy

Trophies
Website
youtek.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
Im starting to believe that my sigpatches doesn't load properly.
Could you explain how to properly load them?

Im using the TegraRCM app on my computer, which payload should i send?
The only thing I ever have to send as payload is hekate when my system has been completely off.

What I did to get sigpatches (accidentally stumbled on this when installing a game) is click the install sigpatches button in awoo installer.

https://github.com/Huntereb/Awoo-Installer/releases

KiCd3FP.jpg

• Love
Reactions: FrankWagner

SnAQ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The only thing I ever have to send as payload is hekate when my system has been completely off.

What I did to get sigpatches (accidentally stumbled on this when installing a game) is click the install sigpatches button in awoo installer.

https://github.com/Huntereb/Awoo-Installer/releases

KiCd3FP.jpg
Im starting to go crazy, i cant install stuff at all.

When i try to install Super Mario Wonder with DBI from my SD, 2 out of 4 signaturechecks fails.
When i try to install Tinfoil, i just get a error message.

Im sending fusee.bin as my payload, is that wrong?

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
You were already informed earlier in this thread that fw17 is not fully working yet and you need to downgrade or wait for full support

Quincy

Trophies
Website
youtek.net
XP
Country
Netherlands

You were already informed earlier in this thread that fw17 is not fully working yet and you need to downgrade or wait for full support

I shall repeat myself once more;

Downgrade to 16.1.0 using Daybreak (use the search function of the forum, there's plenty of info/guides about this on here to be found)
Do whatever your RCM-process requires to get in RCM mode
Send _hekate_ as a payload
Open awoo instaler > manage sigpatches > install
Reboot

Or wait till 17.0.0 sigpatches are done.

SnAQ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I shall repeat myself once more;

Downgrade to 16.1.0 using Daybreak (use the search function of the forum, there's plenty of info/guides about this on here to be found)
Do whatever your RCM-process requires to get in RCM mode
Send _hekate_ as a payload
Open awoo instaler > manage sigpatches > install
Reboot

Or wait till 17.0.0 sigpatches are done.
Got it to work now, luckily i had a 16.x firmware on my SD.
Both the nsp & tinfoil install correctly now.

However, i got a error message in dbi:

Transfer ok Signature invalid in 2 / 4 nca files, is that something i should worry about?

Quincy

Trophies
Website
youtek.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
Got it to work now, luckily i had a 16.x firmware on my SD.
Both the nsp & tinfoil install correctly now.

However, i got a error message in dbi:

Transfer ok Signature invalid in 2 / 4 nca files, is that something i should worry about?
Have you installed the sigpatch ? I wouldn't know about dbi, I use awoo installer to install things, and awoo simply asks 'signature invalid, u sure? if sketchy nsp, could brick'

SnAQ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Have you installed the sigpatch ? I wouldn't know about dbi, I use awoo installer to install things, and awoo simply asks 'signature invalid, u sure? if sketchy nsp, could brick'
Yeah, i think that the sigpatches are instslled2, otherwise neither Super Mario Bros Wonder nor Tinfoil would will, right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto