Hacking EmuNAND updating keeps causing bricks

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 1,021
  • Replies 4
D

Deleted User

OP
First of all, I'm really sorry if this has been posted hundreds of times. I couldn't find a suitable solution on google or on here.

But every time I try to update my RxTools Emunand, it just keeps bricking.
I've tried the following two methods:
  • Updating through regular system update app while in EmuNAND.
  • Using SysUpdater while in EmuNAND
If I'm doing something wrong, please let me know. It's a 2DS on 6.1.0-12E.

Syphurith

Beginner
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Updating through regular system update app while in EmuNAND.
Using SysUpdater while in EmuNAND
1.Updating via system setting with wifi in emunand should do just fine.. If no FIRM matters.. You may want to use an older but stabler build?
2.Sysupdator do brick console if with firmlaunch - NATIVE_FIRM install failed. But for Emunand there must be firmlaunch.
3.BBM updating might work if no pressing home to return to homemenu..
I do think there is problem with the NATIVE_FIRM image so it went wrong.. Yeah.. Just try a older one, but i don't know which should suit you.
Otherwise you can use CakesFW to update the emunand first and turn back to rxtools - just unwrapping the presents isn't it?

@173210 @duke_srg I do wonder if you can decrypt a system module/FIRM from target NAND and patch and launch that.
You even may have possibility to find somewhere to leave a trigger to dump all RAM afterwards if patching failed.

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

OP
1.Updating via system setting with wifi in emunand should do just fine.. If no FIRM matters.. You may want to use an older but stabler build?
2.Sysupdator do brick console if with firmlaunch - NATIVE_FIRM install failed. But for Emunand there must be firmlaunch.
3.BBM updating might work if no pressing home to return to homemenu..
I do think there is problem with the NATIVE_FIRM image so it went wrong.. Yeah.. Just try a older one, but i don't know which should suit you.
Otherwise you can use CakesFW to update the emunand first and turn back to rxtools - just unwrapping the presents isn't it?

@173210 @duke_srg I do wonder if you can decrypt a system module/FIRM from target NAND and patch and launch that.
You even may have possibility to find somewhere to leave a trigger to dump all RAM afterwards if patching failed.
Thanks for the info; I'll look for an older version right now. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.