Hacking Emunand to nand?

dragonblood9999

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
SO i have a 2ds with sysnand at 8.1.0-12U and i have a emunand from the same system at 9.2U.
I was wondering it it was safe to restore the sysnand with the Nand.bin backup from the emunand?
There is nothing installed on the emunand(no cias).
I want to do this because the want to use themehax to autoboot CFW.
the game card slot is damaged it wont read games so this is really the only way i can "update" my sysnand to 9.2U.
thanks for any help

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure, but just to be entirely safe, try to format your EmuNAND twice with TinyFormat before you flash it to SysNAND.

You don't have to do that, by the way: Update your sysnand to 9.2 using profi200's sysupdater through rxtools dev mode (aka pasta mode), which can be accessed through the web browser.

dragonblood9999

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes it's definitely doable. Unless someone says otherwise.
It worked.
Sure, but just to be entirely safe, try to format your EmuNAND twice with TinyFormat before you flash it to SysNAND.

You don't have to do that, by the way: Update your sysnand to 9.2 using profi200's sysupdater through rxtools dev mode (aka pasta mode), which can be accessed through the web browser.

I used Decrypt9WIP to back up the emunand and restore the Sysnand with it. the 2ds is working gr8

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It worked.

I used Decrypt9WIP to back up the emunand and restore the Sysnand with it. the 2ds is working gr8
That's good to know, but definitely be careful with that in the future: If you installed something to EmuNAND that SysNAND didn't like (for instance, an unsigned cia that the 3DS relies on to boot up), that could have resulted in a brick.

In any case, you should be able to update to 9.2 using the official sysupdater through rxtools via web browser.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3xQO7neBmy0&pp=ygUXU2hvd2VyIHNjZW5lIEhhbGYgYmFrZWQ%3D