Hacking Emunand on 3DS

midstor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i am running 3DS 11.8 with Luma 9.1 latest boot9strap, i was wondering if there is a way to install emunand on those things?
I'm not worried about a ban because i have local friend seeds and i cheat offline I have a 64gb sd so i think i can run a emunand off it.

Thank you

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i am running 3DS 11.8 with Luma 9.1 latest boot9strap, i was wondering if there is a way to install emunand on those things?
I'm not worried about a ban because i have local friend seeds and i cheat offline I have a 64gb sd so i think i can run a emunand off it.

Thank you
Reason u think u need emunand?

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Elaborating more on this matter, you can't brick. The reason for that its because of NTRBoot, a flaw in the console's BootROM which can be exploited with a NTRBoot flashed flashcart allowing you to unbrick your console no matter what since the BootROM is the first thing to boot when you press the power button.
So in conclusion, you don't need emunand. Its a waste of space, time and that shipped has sailed a long time ago.

So in conclusion, if you have a flashcart that you can flash NTRBoot on, then your 3DS is as unbrickable as a Wii with BootMii as boot2.

Last edited by Yepi69,

SCOTT0852

shiny rubber creature
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
B9S can't get overwritten by anything & lets you restore working nand backups. All an emunand accomplishes is wasting read/write cycles on your SD card. Just make a nand backup and restore it if you ever do something stupid. You can't even brick unless you do something dumb, like deleting files in sysnand (which still won't uninstall B9S iirc...), and even if you somehow totally brick then a good DS flashcart that supports NTRboot is only $20, and you can always go with the cheaper timebombed carts if you have to.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s