Homebrew EmuNAND loading is slow (+Questions!)

Enlapse

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Good evening, guys.
  • O3DS (formatted) - Emunand (done with GW's software) updated to 11.0.0-33U - CFW Luma3DS 5.5 without A9HL.
Well, I've just reinstalled my whole O3DS (formatting sysNand, and sdCard - deleting the previous emuNand partition) which was using rxTools and switched to Luma3DS (5.5). I have updated my emuNand to 11.0.0-33U(?) and now (and the time before updating it), the emuNand loading takes too long to load (but yes, at the end, it loads), which didn't happen with rxTools, so I was wondering if there is a way to speed-up the loading time?
  • I power on my 3DS, from that moment until the moment the emunand loads, it takes about 30 seconds and 070 miliseconds (timed).
  • With rxTools, it could take about 10 to 20 seconds (going morealike to 10 seconds).
Something I noticed, is that, when I used rxTools, when I powered on the 3DS it loaded a "purple" background screen with what I wanted to load (and if I didn't press anything before about 3 seconds, it loaded emunand instantly). It was like the GRUB loader which a linux installation could install, and now, with Luma3DS (I didn't use any file used when I used rxTools), when I power on, a black screen appears, then the "Nintendo 3DS" logo appears, then another black screen appears until the emunand load.

This is not a problem at all, but if there is a way to speed-up loading process, I would like to know, please.

And I have a few more questions that doesn't go with this topic itself, but I don't want to create a topic for each question (lol), and I've searched for them but didn't find a conclusive answer, so, if there is, I'm sorry.
  • Can I run all the GBA games with the VC?
  • What can get better FPS: GBA or VC?
  • In your opinion, what are good to have, homebrew? (That have a CIA version, if possible)
  • Is there a "best" FTP server for 3DS? (Or any other homebrew that can manage to transfer files from PC to 3DS' SD via Wi-Fi) (I found that FTBrony was the "best", but I can't manage to use it. I run it, but in FileZilla, I cannot connect).
I think that's all, I'm sorry if any of these have already been answered, but I didn't manage to find them, specially the last question. I've only found that the NEW 3DS will have this thing made by Nintendo, but I do not own a NEW 3DS.

Last edited by Enlapse,

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you couldn't find ANY of the questions you asked, then... Maybe you shouldn't be using hax. :unsure:
http://gbatemp.net/threads/3ds-noob-paradise-ask-questions-here.359035/ Ask questions here, we have far, far too many noob help threads such as yours on the Temp.
Anyway, Luma just isn't made for menuhax. Join the A9LH master race and get an instant boot time :yay3ds:
Also, "ArmHax9Loader" isn't a thing.

kje123

this title is false
Trophies
Website
kje123.github.io
XP
Country
United States
EmuNAND is always gonna be slow. That can never really be changed. If you can't handle the atrocious boot speeds, I suggest setting up A9LH.

Also, rxTools is a heavily outdated CFW. I recommend Luma3DS, it's lightweight and does everything rxTools does and more. Even if the boot times are different.

As for your questions...
-Yes, injection allows any GBA games to be ran on VC
-This question doesn't really make any sense, but since you have an o3DS I suggest using VC
-FBI is a great CIA installer, freeShop and CIAngel are nice, and an FTP client is nice to have
-FTP-3DS is better, uses an updated version plus no needless fandom pandering

Enlapse

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you for your answers.

@Swiftloke I use hax because it's the first thing I learnt to use with 3DS because of it being fast and easy to use, and I just need an emuNand to all what I want, so I don't want to go with A9HL until it's absolutely necessary (when there are no other possible solutions), because I don't want to work more in something that I actually have.
Thank you anyways! - By the way, AH9L corrected (to A9HL)!

@kje123 I use Luma, but this differences of loading times... it's just too tedious. And I noticed why you said "This question doesn't really make any sense, but since you have an o3DS I suggest using VC". I meant what has better FPS: GBA emulation or VC. Thank you for your answer, anyways!

Pecrow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Set the cluster size of your SD card over to 64k, It should speed things up, atleast it did for me, over 5 second increase in boot time :D

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By the way, AH9L corrected (to A9HL)!
:hateit:
It's called "arm9loaderhax" (NOT "arm9haxloader") because it involves an exploit in the arm9loader, a piece of security software that's the first thing that runs after the bootrom.
But you asked for a faster way to boot Luma, and a9lh is the only way to make it faster. It only takes about an hour to perform, and the tools to do it at this point are so easy to use that there's absolutely no reason to not do it. Sure, the guide looks tough, but it's really not: if you take a closer look, you'll see that most of the steps are just safety, like backing things up.

Last edited by Swiftloke,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-