emunand crash from homebrew

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by showcase66, Mar 13, 2016.

1. showcase66
    OP

showcase66 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 13, 2016
    United States
    so question....ive got a n3ds xl and ive successfully downgrade to 9.2.0-20u and ive got browserhax and menuhax installed. now the issue is ive tried every guide I could find on installing cfw for cakefw and reinand firmware but whenever I get all my files on the sd card and go to the homebrew menu to install either emunand, cfw(whether cakefw or reinand, ive tried both) or decrypt9wip they all flash a red screen go black flash a red screen again and crash back to homebrew. ive tried with and without menuhax installed and ive tried loading reinand first and also loading emunand first but nothing is working. ive followed every youtube and gba quide to the best of my ability and I do not have the money to purchase a gw card atm. Been stuck for 2 days please help

2. Manuel9181

Manuel9181 GBAtemp Prosecutor

May 26, 2015
    Italy
    Did you already format an emuNand before to try to boot in it?

Last edited by Manuel9181, Mar 13, 2016
  3. showcase66
    OP

showcase66 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 13, 2016
    United States
    no I can launch the homebrew app to initialize an emunand or even do any dumps.

4. squall14716

squall14716 GBAtemp Maniac

May 16, 2011
    United States
    It sounds like you might not have successfully downgraded after all. Sometimes sysUpdater will leave you with a partial downgrade. Try running the downgrade again.

5. Manuel9181

Manuel9181 GBAtemp Prosecutor

May 26, 2015
    Italy
  6. showcase66
    OP

showcase66 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 13, 2016
    United States
    I knew I had to be overlooking something ima try it out and ill get back afterward to update progress thanks so much you have no idea how aggravated I was becoming lol

Manuel9181 likes this.
  7. showcase66
    OP

showcase66 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 13, 2016
    United States
    ok so I put the gui version of emunand on my sd and loader homebrew and click on the emunand tile in homebrew to open it in order to set up the format and it flashes a red screen then black screen then red screen and crashes back to homebrew I used this emunand https://github.com/Shadowtrance/EmuNAND9/releases

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I will try this just in case but would I still be able to launch homebrew and also the settings say 9.2 even on a partial downgrade?

problem solved 1 file was not downgraded properly thank you guys so much

Last edited by showcase66, Mar 13, 2016