Emunand black screen...

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by McWhiters9511, Oct 8, 2016.

1. McWhiters9511
    OP

McWhiters9511 That's Rad Bro

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Space
    I attempted to install some custom font cias on my gateway emunand with fbi and both files failed to install. now when i try to boot into my gw emunand i just get a black screens. i have tried countless times

2. BADDINOROX99

BADDINOROX99 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 9, 2015
    United States
    hmm try reinstalling a backup of your emunand if you have one always make a backup

I can see it now "stop using gateway"

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Last edited by BADDINOROX99, Oct 8, 2016
  3. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Do you have a backup?

Not sure how to restore a backup with Gateway, but you can do it with Decrypt9 from your sysNAND in homebrew. Go to emuNAND options then restore emuNAND, then pick the backup file from your SD card and let it restore. Then when you next boot into your Gateway emuNAND it should work fine. Your saves and such should all still work, but your activity log and Mii Plaza progress will be reset to the time you made your backup and you may have to reinstall any games installed between when you made your backup and now.

If you don't have a backup, you might be out of luck. You will have to format a new emuNAND which will reset all your Mii Plaza/Activity Log progress to when you created the emuNAND in the first place. Your saves will work as long as you never formatted sysNAND (or at least as long as you never formatted it after creating the emuNAND).

Last edited by Quantumcat, Oct 8, 2016
  4. McWhiters9511
    OP

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Space
    unfortunately i dont have a backup. is there a way that i can format my emunand and keep my friend list and such without a backup?

5. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    I think if you never formatted sysNAND, your friend code will still be the same if you create a new emuNAND (not 100% sure). But if you've formatted it, then your emuNAND will be like a new system (a copy of your sysNAND) so the old friend code is gone.

It might be possible to extract files from your bricked emuNAND, so don't create a new one just yet until more people respond. When you create a new emuNAND, do it on a new SD card so as to preserve your old bricked one.

6. McWhiters9511
    OP

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Space
    alright thanks for the advive

Quantumcat likes this.