emuNAND 9.2.0 with Amiibo support?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by prototech, May 3, 2015.

1. prototech
    OP

prototech GBAtemp Fan

Jan 3, 2015
    United States
    I'd like to keep my emuNAND at 9.2.0 in order to continue using Ninjhax, but I'd also like Amiibo support which is not present until 9.4.0. Is it possible to do a partial upgrade to get Amiibo support? I would imagine that the Amiibo settings would be necessary, but I doubt that's it. Has anyone tried this yet?

2. hippy dave

hippy dave Butts Butts Megabutts

Apr 30, 2012
    Doesn't sound likely. Until someone comes out with an up-to-date replacement for ninjhax, your best bet is to use ninjhax from sysnand. If you have a cubic ninja cart...

3. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    if your using a n3DS there is no way to use ninjhax in emunand anyway,but you can update emunand to 9.5 and keep sysnand on 9.2

and if your on a o3DS.......they dont even support amiibos yet anyways do they :huh:

4. daxtsu

daxtsu GBAtemp Guru

Jun 9, 2007
    Antarctica

No, because an accessory has yet to be released, which adds the NFC hardware needed. Didn't they say it's coming this September or something?

5. MeisterFenster

MeisterFenster GBAtemp Regular

Nov 18, 2014
    Gambia, The
    Although this might be interesting for non-pirates, like me :P . I am using 9.2 with NTR2.2, but I would love to use my amiibos. They are currently just collecting dust. The support was actually added in 9.3, at least the syscalls changed with that update, 9.2 used other commands for nfc stuff. But I think this would require a higher native firm and not just some .cias, right?

(I am talking about sysnand, not emunand)

6. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    nand mod your console, or just go totally legit, and update to 9.7 if running exploits is just for pirates B-)

but yeah they did a big revision of the NFC stuff in 9.3, so afaik you would need to update native_firm to be able to use those function.....guess a last option would be waiting on KARL3DS to be released

7. MeisterFenster

MeisterFenster GBAtemp Regular

Nov 18, 2014
    Gambia, The
    I never said exploits are for pirates, but the only available emunand option for n3DS right now is gateway, which is somehow connected to piracy^^. I need NTR since I have a lot of EUR games and my console is JP. Going legit would only be an option if nintendo drops their region lock, which is kinda unlikely. I guess KARL3DS would be the only option for amiibos.

8. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    well there is regionfour due to be released any time now for region free upto 9.7 via cubic ninja :P (stalk smealum for more info on that)

but yeah 2 possibilities for non gateway owners are waiting for karl3DS or waiting for regionfour, personally i would wait for karl3ds and keep those amiibo's on the shelf for now

9. thorasgar

thorasgar Checkout my evil Soon-in-atorâ„¢

Jul 3, 2010
    United States
    Yes, but each region will only get a thousand or so and will be sold out in 8.3478 seconds online. Please Understand......the Chinese do not have the ability to churn out billions of cheap electronic components on a moments notice, much less with advance notice.

daxtsu and gamesquest1 like this.
  10. prototech
    OP

prototech GBAtemp Fan

Jan 3, 2015
    United States
    Well I can safely say that installing the amiibo settings title did not work, haha. Although, I did manage to install Cubic Ninja as a CIA and am using Ninjhax through that, so Ninjhax on emuNAND is possible in that form. It would be nice if someone came up with a multiloader for Ninjhax. One that could load either the Homebrew Launcher, NTR or Gateway's launcher would be amazing.

11. Apache Thunder

Apache Thunder I have cameras in your head!

Oct 7, 2007
    United States
    Levelland, Texas
    There's a few other system modules you'll need to add before you can actually use Amiibo stuff. So be sure you have them all installed. you also need to update Home Menu as the one from 9.2 won't have the Amiibo settings button.

12. prototech
    OP

prototech GBAtemp Fan

Jan 3, 2015
    United States
    I'm not sure what all of them are. If someone has a list of what they think they might be, I will be more than happy to try it.

My main goal is to have access to Gateway, Ninjhax, and NTR at any given time without having multiple copies of Cubic Ninja.