Hacking Question EMUMMC vs SYSNAND for banned switch?

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since you're already banned, I'd stick with SysNAND. It will prolong the life of your microSD card. Just make sure you keep a NAND backup, and if your MMC does die, at least it's replaceable.

Reactions: nachuz

xabier

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why are you so obsessed about the tear? I know that nand have limited reads/writes but other components inside the switch do have a lifespan as well. I wouldn't care about that, it's a device for practical use if you would care about the longevity you wouldn't use the switch at all. There is still some space that the system needs, and it is more cumbersome having to install to emunand and sdcard if you want to use that space optimally.
Besides, if the internal nand should die a decade into the future, you still would be able to use emunand. So there's that.
You could use emunand if sysnand breaks one day....

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So anybody has a guide on how to move my Emummc stuff to the Sysnand? I don't wanna lose my stuff lol

You dont want to do that because you'll get banned. Trust me I have a few save files I wanna switch over but due to the banrisk I just leave it alon.

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im already banned, thats why im asking

If you dont care about your Nintendo Account you can just backup yoursaves and just reflash your CFW on Sysnand without emummc. Downside you need to redownload your games again

All my buddies play CFW Sysnand

Birbb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So anybody has a guide on how to move my Emummc stuff to the Sysnand? I don't wanna lose my stuff lol
Easiest way least to me was to do this:

1. grab the latest version of hekate, and put the bootloader folder on the root of your SD card.
2. boot with hekate_X.X.X.bin (where X.X.X is the version of the payload).
3. Navigate to Tools > Backup eMMC > and tap on SD emuMMC Raw Partition so it says ON.
4. Back up SD emuMMC BOOT0 & BOOT1, then back up SD emuMMC RAW GPP.
5. Exit out of the backup screen, eject your SD card and move the BOOT0, BOOT1 files and the RAWNAND.bin backup files into the bootloader\XXXXXXXX\restore folder.
6. Boot back into hekate, go to Tools, Restore eMMC and restore your BOOT0 and BOOT1 first, then your raw GPP backup.

I would strongly suggest backing your saves up first with JKSV or Checkpoint, and make sure you have a sysMMC backup beforehand too. If you need to make one I have a guide written here with images for visual aid.

I did this with my switch last week, and had no issues with it. Currently on fw 10.0.2 atmosphere 0.12.0 sysMMC setup

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I really need to dig out my USB Wii sensor bar and experiment with Wii emulation and synching...