Homebrew Question emummc Partitions - Raw/Fat32 SD Setup

risq

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I set up Emummc via Hekate, the SD consists of 2 Partitions as recommened, one for data and one 30GB for emummc. 2 questions:

- both are formated as fat32, so both can be mounted. i know the emummc only needs a raw partition. is there any disadvange having it as fat32? i still wonder why it works at all with fat32 and why the emummc could be mounted normally. what if u put files on this fat32 emummc partition? in theory it is a virtual partition which cannot be read or am i wrong?

- with this configuration booting sysnand on the same SD card, can i install games/apps in sysnand normally to the SD (to the Nintendo Folder)? wont it be better/possible to have 3 partitions on the SD? (One sysnand data, one data for hekate/atmosphere, one emummc)

thx in advance

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I set up Emummc via Hekate, the SD consists of 2 Partitions as recommened, one for data and one 30GB for emummc. 2 questions:

- both are formated as fat32, so both can be mounted. i know the emummc only needs a raw partition. is there any disadvange having it as fat32? i still wonder why it works at all with fat32 and why the emummc could be mounted normally. what if u put files on this fat32 emummc partition? in theory it is a virtual partition which cannot be read or am i wrong?

- with this configuration booting sysnand on the same SD card, can i install games/apps in sysnand normally to the SD (to the Nintendo Folder)? wont it be better/possible to have 3 partitions on the SD? (One sysnand data, one data for hekate/atmosphere, one emummc)

thx in advance
  • FAT32 is fine
  • Yes, you can normally install games to the SD card on sysMMC. You do not have to make another partition

konamicode89

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When creating my emummc sd raw partition I noticed that even though my emummc system memory is used up that there is no way that any of it shows up when I insert my micro SD into my pc. Is the emummc sd raw partition a filed based setup or a partition based setup? And if it is a partition based setup exactly which partition did it get written on and why isn't none of my used data showing up on my PC?

My partitions on my 128 sd is the primary 83gb for external data and the second 31gb for emunand, but my emunand is full and on my windows 10 laptop it shows no files at all, perhaps it got installed on the external data becuase it has a emunand folder but where is the 29gb of used data? Where does it all go?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple