Hacking emuMMC .... Create SD file or SD Partition

Undwiz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So just got a 2nd Switch today that has never ran CFW. it is on 9.0. I have already backed up Boot 0/1 and Nand.

I figured what the hell I am going to emuMMC the thing with Hekate and KOSMOS.

I dont know if I should choose SD file or SD Partition. I understand file makes a IMG on the the SD and Partition makes it on another partition.

So is there any advantages/disadvantages depending on what I choose ? it's a 256GB SD if that helps.

Any game comparability issues ? in CFW-emuMMC ?

I plan to AUTORCM into CFW-emuMMC and if I ever want to go play a game online just reboot to payload and go to OFW.

My other switch was banned when I bought it so I want to try my best to keep this one safe as this will be my primary now and put the other one in my kids room.

thanks ... I googles , I searched forums but I really could not find my answer, sorry if this has been asked a million times.

Also I'll post some pics of the system all I got and what I paid ... maybe in another thread just to show off :)

Gizmo2k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty much emummc is the same either one you choose just think of it as different ways of it saving to your SD, personally sd partition didn’t work for me so I went with SD file and it went smooth one folder one file

Last edited by Gizmo2k,
Reactions: Undwiz

Gizmo2k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am not sure if it has changed in Atmosphere 0.9.4 but sd based emuMMC was very slow and therefore only partition based emuMMC usable.
It must have changed then because I ran sd file based and it ran like normal and I’m an sxos user

9.0.0 Atmos 0.9.4 is what I ran emummc with

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
It must have changed then because I ran sd file based and it ran like normal and I’m an sxos user

9.0.0 Atmos 0.9.4 is what I ran emummc with
For SX OS file based work fine but not for Atmosphere. If we talk about emuMMC we usually mean Atmosphere and if we talk about EmuNAND we usually mean SX OS. So please use EmuNAND instead if you are a SX OS user.

Gizmo2k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For SX OS file based work fine but not for Atmosphere. If we talk about emuMMC we usually mean Atmosphere and if we talk about EmuNAND we usually mean SX OS. So please use EmuNAND instead if you are a SX OS user.
That’s what I’m saying I used atmosphere on my sxos device because 9.0.0 was not supported, Atmosphere ran perfect on emummc .. I’m not referring to emunand I just said I’m a primary user of sxos so I know what the speeds of both are like

Edit: I have an SD card with both sxos and Atmos on it so I can use atmosphere for edizon cause sxos is not working with it

Last edited by Gizmo2k,

Undwiz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just went ahead with not using emu ---- seems pointless any since I really dont plan on it ever going online on nin games

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Had a mod message me , apparently I raised hell over a simple fucking post..... this is why I just help people and hardly ask for help --- just close the damn thread

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I made my 1st post and that was it , now got the Nazi's / Mods on me again

NeroAngelo

Clueless Importer
Trophies
XP
Country
Libya
they're both pretty much the same thing though
I boot my SXOS emuNAND using Atmosphere when I want to try out Atmo stuff, or do you just mean to cause less confusion?

Reactions: vincentallen2

vincentallen2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they're both pretty much the same thing though
I boot my SXOS emuNAND using Atmosphere when I want to try out Atmo stuff, or do you just mean to cause less confusion?
How exactly do you boot your SXOS using atmosphere? Is there a particular guide to do that?

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

NeroAngelo

Clueless Importer
Trophies
XP
Country
Libya

vincentallen2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already have a file based SXOS emunand backup on my exfat formatted SD card.

The only reason I was going to use SX OS is because it offered the file based emunand, and I don't want to go through the trouble of doing hidden partitions (I switch SD cards a lot).

How do I use my file based emunand with atmosphere?

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Last edited by vincentallen2,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.