Emulators vs VC

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Luriden, Sep 23, 2008.

Sep 23, 2008

Emulators vs VC by Luriden at 11:11 PM (1,532 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. Luriden
    OP

Member Luriden GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Not counting the N64 games since you really don't have much of a choice, but for NES, SNES, and Genesis, do you prefer having the WADs for the VC channels or just using an emulator?

I enjoy having easy access to my favorite games via channels, but for some reason the screen is really dark for all VC games, including N64 games. I tried a Kirby's Adventure wad and it had a really dark tint to it, yet the rom plays fine. Anyone else have this problem?

And when/if Wii64 is ever full speed, will you stick with the wads you have or move on to using the emulator instead?

2. Nayr Rosfar

Member Nayr Rosfar White Knight

United States
    I prefer emulators, since you have to pay to get VC games legally and installing the wad with the wad installer runs the risk of bricking your wii emus are generally the better way to go. Just wait for Wii64 to have full framerate.

3. kedest

Member kedest GBAtemp Psycho!

Netherlands
    Emulators all the way for me.
    I don't like messing around with the Wii's NAND too much (Yes I know installing wads is considered to be safe)
    And I like the extra features. Like save state support and remapping the controls.

4. ciper

Member ciper GBAtemp Regular

United States
    If you want to play a game that has not been released on VC the only choices are injected roms or emulators. I personally feel the current rom injection tools/methods are crap at best.

5. Midna

Banned Midna Banned

Albania
    I like emulators. you get features like save states, any control scheme, the games don't have to be injected, and there's over all just more options.

6. Luriden
    OP

Member Luriden GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Do you guys load the emulators from The Homebrew Channel or do you install seperate channels for every emulator? I didn't know you could make channels for every emulator until today. Pretty cool, but then I'd be fiddling with hacked WADs again which I'm trying to stay away from.

7. jalaneme

Member jalaneme Female Gamer

United Kingdom
    console emulators, one reason being is on the xbox i can play snes games at 720p, you can't do that on the wii, also customise buttons, save states, and messing around with cheats also.

8. OSW

Former Staff OSW Wii King

Australia
    Most games i play with emulators, but a special few have their own channel [​IMG]

9. r9delta

Banned r9delta Banned

United States
    Genesis and SNES I stick with the emulators. N64 I stick with WADs obviously. NES I don't play enough but if I did I would stick with WADs until a better emulator comes along that doesn't have problems with the sound.

10. ciper

Member ciper GBAtemp Regular

United States
  11. g4jek8j54

Member g4jek8j54 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I think that the emulators are better. They provide a lot more features, and are more customizable than the Virtual Console emulators.