Emulators that support the wiimote as a lightgun?

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by dormeus, May 28, 2019.

1. dormeus
    OP

dormeus Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 30, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Been out of the loop for years and just pulled out my old wii and I was wondering if anyone knows which emulators support the wiimote as a lightgun? Thanks for your time!

2. MaeseJesus

MaeseJesus GBAtemp Fan

Apr 3, 2013
    FCEUltra GX and/or FCEUltra RX for NES/Famicom Nes Zapper games.
    SNES9x GX and/or SNES9x RX for SNES/Super Famicom Superscope games and Konami's Justifier.
    Genplus GX for Mega Drive & Master System light guns (although there's not that many light gun games for them).

The SNES9x RX also has Mouse support.

3. Dcep1501

Dcep1501 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 29, 2018
    United States
    What version of snes9x gx and genplus gx? For some reason they don’t work for me. Only fce ultra gx works, I did all the settings and still no go :/

4. MaeseJesus

MaeseJesus GBAtemp Fan

Apr 3, 2013
    When you say "they don't work", you mean the light gun controls only, or the entire application?

I just tried with Snes9x RX and it's as simple as going to Game Settings, chose Controller, and change from "SNES Controllers (2)" to "Super Scope". Then you can play with light gun controls.

With Genplus GX is just the same. You go to the Controller Settings and change the type of controller the emulator "believes" you have connected to the Light Phaser.

5. Dcep1501

Dcep1501 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 29, 2018
    United States
    Yea I meant the lightun (wiimote) isn’t recognized. I am using snes gx, not rx, so maybe that’s the issue. As far as genplus gx, I will try again

6. dormeus
    OP

dormeus Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 30, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Thanks, man. Got it all working! Pretty pleased to have my light gun games back after my old CRT died on me :)

I’m assuming there’s not light gun function for ps1 or arcade?

7. MaeseJesus

MaeseJesus GBAtemp Fan

Apr 3, 2013
    Glad you got it working!
    I don't know about Arcade, but for PS1 I'm certain that we do not have anything, PS1 emulation development has been pretty slow for the Wii.

mrgone likes this.
  8. Dcep1501

Dcep1501 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 29, 2018
    United States
    I think you and I are on the same quest, my friend haha. Unfortunately, the PS1 Wii emulator doesn’t recognize the wiimote for lightgun games. I believe the only arcade lightgun game that works with MAME Wii is Rail Chase, although, my MAME version wouldn’t even start the game Check the YT link I found. Lmk if it works for you. I’m building my Wii to be the ultimate virtual arcade :)

Last edited by Dcep1501, Jun 5, 2019
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted