Emulator forwarder questions

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by gnarlynick, Mar 20, 2014.

1. gnarlynick
    OP

gnarlynick Member

Newcomer
    Feb 26, 2014
    United States
    Ohio
    Hello, I am currently stumped on some forwarder issues for 2 of my 4 emulators running on my soft modded Wii.

I have the SNES9xGX forwarder and FCE Ultra forwarder from this thread. I also have the version 2 forwarder of VBA GX from this youtube link. The NES forwarder links to the NES emulator I have in the apps folder of my SD card, which is version 3.3.4.

-Now here is where everything gets weird, the SNES forwarder opens an older version of the emulator (4.0.1) and does not recognize my Wii remote (it's the newer ones with motion plus inside them). When I open the SNES emulator from Homebrew channel, it opens version 4.3.2 and it recognizes the same Wii remote that the forwarder did not recognize.

-When I open VBA GX forwarder it opens the same version emulator I have as an emulator (2.2.8) but the Wii remote is again not recognized. When I open the emulator from Homebrew, it recognized the Wii remote.

My question is, is there some way that these forwarders are not looking at the correct .dol file and how do I set them to do this correctly? I really like the animations in these Wii channels and would like to use these going forward, I just want them to work.

2. mightymuffy

mightymuffy fatbaldpieeater

GBAtemp Patron
    mightymuffy is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 6, 2002
    United Kingdom
    Wigan, land of the Pies
    Those found in that thread aren't forwarders, they've got the emus built into the wad files - you'll notice they're called Channels rather than forwarders. It's possible in the case of the NES/SNES thread he's created forwarders further into the topic (I didn't look soz), and it's also possible someone else has made forwarders out of them on another thread. If those are what you want then you're probably gonna have to do a bit of work finding them I'm afraid.

EDIT: Whoops didn't notice your youtube GBA link! Yep, same as above, it's a channel rather than a forwarder.

gnarlynick likes this.
  3. gnarlynick
    OP

gnarlynick Member

Newcomer
    Feb 26, 2014
    United States
    Ohio
    You're right, I wasn't aware that sort of thing existed. That thread has instructions on how to inject newer .dol files into the channels so I will try my hand at that to get the channels up to date.