Emulator for .gb, .gbc, .gba

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Undiscovered.Lin, Aug 13, 2011.

Aug 13, 2011
  1. Undiscovered.Lin
    OP

Newcomer Undiscovered.Lin Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    I need it to be compatible with AceKard 2i and Akaio. 1.8.1! Please help... [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    there is no .gba emulator you can run from the acekard in ds-mode.

for .gbx give lameboy a try.

http://filetrip.net/f5597-Lameboy-DS-0-12.html

if you have a slot-2 device on a dslite you could also try goomba. goomba color is a much better emulator but locks you into a slot-2 solution.

-another world

3. Plasma Shadow

Member Plasma Shadow GBAtemp's Artificial Lifeform

United Kingdom
    Plus AKAIO 1.8.1 is very outdated...the latest is 1.8.7

4. BLBLB

Newcomer BLBLB Member

United States
    Lameboy worked great for me on my old Acekard. It played everything. You 100% need a slot-2 device for Acekard however to play GBA games

5. Undiscovered.Lin
    OP

United Kingdom
    That isn't a problem as I have an original NDS (Silver - Classic) which has been Modded and brought the day of release if that is what you mean? [​IMG] I did have a DS Lite and DS but a "Modding-gone-wrong" incident occurred leaving me with a hole through the casing next to the D-Pad a messed up screen and a Power Button without the internal slider to activate the DS - (None of this was my fault what-so-ever as my "Pro Modding" friend offered to do it... [​IMG] and lets just say he no longer has access to a screwdriver and my things - at the SAME time. [​IMG] anyway life goes on! (Not for my DS Lite) So do I all I need is a DS/Lite for Lameboy to work?

6. The Pi

Member The Pi Lurker

United Kingdom
    By "slot-2 device" he meant a GBA sized cart that works in the same way as the acekard though in GBA mode.

Most of the GBA hardware is locked out of NDS-mode so you can not play GBA games with just an Acekard. You'd need a slot 2 like a Ez Flash IV or a "fancy" slot 1 like a Supercard DSTWO.

You will however, be able to play gb/gbc games pretty well (the odd game has sound or saving issues though that number is very small)

7. Undiscovered.Lin
    OP

United Kingdom
    Ok so where can I buy one then as that is every little bit annoying but needed so please tell me! [​IMG]

8. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    the old m3 mini-sd slot-2 cards are still around if you google and hunt one down. they are pretty good for just gba.

the ez iv gba sized kit is still in production by ez flash. it also has pretty nice gba compatibility. its basically an expanded 3in1 with psram, nor, and a mini-sd slot.

the 3in1 would probably be the easiest thing for you to purchase. it will allow you to play gba games and homebrew, and if your flash kit supports passme, gba.ds homebrew (like ds heretic). the 3in1 is all over the place, there are even a few sites that still stock the gba sized version.

shoptemp will have more information on who might be stocking them. most everyone has the ez iv and the 3in1. i'll try to find the site that i saw the m3 kit at and edit this post in a few minutes.

edit::
    http://www.modchipstore.com/NDS-Nintendo-M...i-SD-16373.html

RHS has the pro version: http://www.realhotstuff.com/minisd-free-su...tity-p-148.html
    the pro has limited compatibility, so be sure you read a review before picking one up.

-another world