Suggestion Emulation Station for Retroarch

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by Nastas95, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Nastas95
    OP

Nastas95 GBAtemp Regular

May 13, 2018
    Italy
    Well, I'm Italian.
    Is it possible to port Emulation Station as a front end for Retroarch? It's been already ported for ARM cpu (raspberry pi) so i guess it shouldn't be that difficult to do?

2. Winklepicker

Winklepicker Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 13, 2017
    Would love to see it personally, I love emulation station and the drag and drop usability that it offers. I'm not a fan of the way retroarch ties you down to a specific romset, with emulationstation you can simply use any rom or romset you wanted, without doing a ton of configuration.

it could be done. Just need someone to take the time to port it over.

Fadi5555 and Nastas95 like this.
  3. Nastas95
    OP

Nastas95 GBAtemp Regular

May 13, 2018
    Italy
    Well, I'm Italian.
    So no one has the ability to port it?

4. Oh, I'm sure someone does but it wouldn't be easy. EmulationStation only runs on Windows and select versions of Linux, though. Even the Raspberry Pi (RetroPie) version runs on a version of Linux

So someone would need to build a compatible version of Linux and then port over the EmulationStation front end. A daunting task, especially because as of now the only way to get sound in Linux for Switch is with Bluetooth.

Nastas95 likes this.
  5. Nastas95
    OP

Nastas95 GBAtemp Regular

May 13, 2018
    Italy
    Well, I'm Italian.
    well... i hope that someone manages to port it to horizon one day or another, that would be great! for now i'll just wait an use the standard retroarch front end, thanks!

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted