Embedded video on mobile Chrome?

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones and Media Players' started by BORTZ, Nov 18, 2012.

Nov 18, 2012
  1. BORTZ
    OP

Global Moderator BORTZ wtf, nintendo

United States
    I retiently switched over from iOS to Android (ISC). There is a certain unnamed video site that I use to stream TV shows. I use Google Chrome (the mobile version, obviously) on iOS 5 and videos worked great.

But on Ice Cream Sandwich, not only did Adobe remove the mobile Flash from the Google Play store, but for some reason, Android's mobile chrome wont allow me to play the embedded videos from my phone anymore. It WILL let me download them and play them later, but I dont understand why i cant stream in Android's Mobile Chrome. It cant be flash, they work on iOS!

Any ideas?

2. Jamstruth

Member Jamstruth Secondary Feline Anthropomorph

United Kingdom
    The Chrome Flash Plugin is very limited and everybody is still serving flash to Android even when an HTML5 version exists for iPhone. Its complete shit, I know.

One way around it is to sideload Adobe Flash (the APKs can be found online) and then use the default Browser (Chrome will always use its own flash plugin). Then you should be able to load Flash.

3. The_Dragons_Mast

Member The_Dragons_Mast GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Egypt
    I don't have much experience with streaming as my internet speed is usually too slow but assuming the issue is what Jamstruth said a simple workaround would be using dolphin browser and setting the user agent to iPhone .

By doing that you basically trick the site to believe that you are on an iPhone and get the HTML5 version. Other browsers might have a similar feature if you don't like dolphin but you will have to do your research on that.