Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
Joe88 said:
test84 said:
I got some questions regarding Morrowind, since they are so similar,

1-Whats that figure on the boxshot of Oblivion? I saw it on one of guard's armor in Morrowind!
link

2-IS it possible to pick pocket people? like in fallout 2, I used to do it all the time.
if yes, what skill should my character have.

3-I killed some civilians and took their inventory but it didnt increase my bounty level or something, was that cool? does that affect my game sometime?

4-does people's normal chit-chat, like not Storyline parts, have voice-acting on Oblivion?

thnx.
2) yes you can pick pocket, money to weapons ect...

3) because no one saw you kill them, but you still shouldnt do it because that person may have been part of a side quest, and now you cant do the mission

4) yes they will chit-chat among them selves, this is sometimes a way to pick up info on side missions by overhearing conversations
everything in the game in voice acted

thnx, but

1-
1-Whats that figure on the boxshot of Oblivion? I saw it on one of guard's armor in Morrowind!
link (no one knows?)

2-how to pick pocket, what skills/race/born month should i have?

4-I wasn't clear, What I was asking is that does every conversation you do in Oblivion, have voice over acts or not, the conversations that you can have with people like asking questions, since my monitor is so poor, I cant read them if they are just text-based.

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
test84 said:
Joe88 said:
test84 said:

link

2-IS it possible to pick pocket people? like in fallout 2, I used to do it all the time.

3-I killed some civilians and took their inventory but it didnt increase my bounty level or something, was that cool? does that affect my game sometime?

4-does people's normal chit-chat, like not Storyline parts, have voice-acting on Oblivion?

thnx.

3) because no one saw you kill them, but you still shouldnt do it because that person may have been part of a side quest, and now you cant do the mission

4) yes they will chit-chat among them selves, this is sometimes a way to pick up info on side missions by overhearing conversations

thnx, but

1-
link (no one knows?)

4-I wasn't clear, What I was asking is that does every conversation you do in Oblivion, have voice over acts or not, the conversations that you can have with people like asking questions, since my monitor is so poor, I cant read them if they are just text-based.
1. If I'm not mistaken that is an Oblivion Gate.
2.When I create a thief/assassin I usually choose Khajit - The Thief (birthsign) - Sneak, Security and Light Armor with 4 skills remaining.
4.Everything has voiceacting, except for most of the unofficial stuff.

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Minox_IX said:
test84 said:
Joe88 said:
test84 said:

link

thnx.

thnx, but

1-
link (no one knows?)

1. If I'm not mistaken that is an Oblivion Gate.
2.When I create a thief/assassin I usually choose Khajit - The Thief (birthsign) - Sneak, Security and Light Armor with 4 skills remaining.
4.Everything has voiceacting, except for most of the unofficial stuff.

QUOTE(Joe88 @ Jun 19 2008, 02:36 AM)
If you really want to do a quest, but you killed npc's needed for that quest you could always revive them using The Elder Scrolls Construction Set.

Edit: Accidentally double-posted.

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
thnx people,
1-So every conversation doing with an npc like asking about rumors and stuff, is voice acted?!
2- how do you pick pocket when your character has that feature?

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
test84 said:
thnx people,
1-So every conversation doing with an npc like asking about rumors and stuff, is voice acted?!
2- how do you pick pocket when your character has that feature?
1) yes, everybody in the game, as far i as I have played

2) you just crotch down, and you can pickpocket people
again do this when people cannot see you, when the little circle is dim
any race can pick pocket, but some races have some extra skill, like thrif (you can just just raise your skill yourself by practicing sneaking around people and you wont get in trouble)

I already have like 84 sneak points on my warrior class, so any character you can raise to pick pockets like no tomorrow

Minox_IX said:
QUOTE(Joe88 @ Jun 19 2008, 02:36 AM) 3) because no one saw you kill them, but you still shouldnt do it because that person may have been part of a side quest, and now you cant do the mission
If you really want to do a quest, but you killed npc's needed for that quest you could always revive them using The Elder Scrolls Construction Set.

this is the 360 ver were talking about
no construction set or type of hax of any kind
besides a glitch here and there...

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
that crouching doesnt work in Morrowind
frown.gif

when I crouch, nothing happens
frown.gif

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
Is the inventory of other people made at random?
I killed a guy and he had 1000 gold (yeah, they have two other words for gold and they dont use the word gold, god knows why) but then I loaded my save again and tried pick pocketing him, guess what, he had nothing on him.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its mainly based on your LUCK stat
the higher it is the better items and more gold you will find on dead NPC's

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Aha, this is a really fun game. I've only played about 20 hours though, so maybe I'll get back to it at some point.

Also, Prime, you trust ZeroPunctuation's reviews? He may be entertaining, and some of his reviews are accurate, but I find most of his reviews are just his point of view. He disagrees with a lot of games which are quite clearly great, such as Oblivion and Mass Effect. His review on FEAR was pretty damn accurate though, I have to say. I'd never base a game purchase on one of his reviews, but I watch them 'cause they're damn funny.

Private|Par

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah, the graphics were improved on the PS3 from the DS, but due to longer dev time, and not the actual Blu-Ray disks. Moving on, I love this game... Only wish my PC was up to scratch to play it. I own it, but can't play it a lot.

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Trolly said:
Also, Prime, you trust ZeroPunctuation's reviews? He may be entertaining, and some of his reviews are accurate, but I find most of his reviews are just his point of view. He disagrees with a lot of games which are quite clearly great, such as Oblivion and Mass Effect. His review on FEAR was pretty damn accurate though, I have to say. I'd never base a game purchase on one of his reviews, but I watch them 'cause they're damn funny.

Yeah I agree. ZeroPunctuation is awesome but his reviews aren't meant to be taken too seriously. He always makes some good points though, and always makes the funniez.

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Trolly said:

Bold part = wut?

I trust Yahtzee's reviews if my thoughts are near the same as his.

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Trolly said:
Also, Prime, you trust ZeroPunctuation's reviews? He may be entertaining, and some of his reviews are accurate, but I find most of his reviews are just his point of view.
Yahtzee's reviews aren't even entertaining anymore...
It's basically the same as with Happy Tree Friends, it was funny the first two or three time you watched it, and then it's the same shit over and over again...
Still, every single one of his reviews get dugg and posted on any gaming blog imaginable - is his opinion really that important?

Come on, fuck his reviews...the only value they ever had were the entertainment value, and that's been lost since the Bioshock review at the latest
sleep.gif

fischju

Rehabilitated Jaywalker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
juggernaut911 said:
can you apply the shivering isles patch to a normal oblivion setup? or is SI something I have to buy?

I wouldn't say you have to buy it, but it is an expansion that they want to charge you money for

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
juggernaut911 said:
can you apply the shivering isles patch to a normal oblivion setup? or is SI something I have to buy?
its costs about $30
nights of the nine is $10
buying the GOTY editing you save $10 and get backups of the expansion packs on a DVD
(you could probably share them with friends but not sure if it works...)

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
I reinstalled oblivion because I destroyed it with addons and now it wont boot! help me!

nvm, fixed it. did reinstall but stratigically (sp) installed my mods ins a stratigic order.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYA4rALqEE