fuctfuct

OP
Trophies
Website
www.derp.cum
XP
Country
Canada
Weird.. I had zero problems with the software. Only the hardware pissed me off lol.
biggrin.gif

full speed my ass
wtf.gif

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a good ol' EFA, 256mbit (all anyone needs) and the thing runs great to this very day. Ugly ass menu but works like a charm. It hasn't agreed with an intro/trainer or two though.

Anyways, I'd buy another one if I needed it and from DX as well after looking at that price. Doesn't bother me in the least the fact that one is missing an RTC.

Just figure that'd nudge anyone in the right direction that is looking for a cheap GBA cart.
wink.gif

oldskoolnesgamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great thread. Interesting views from both sides. It seems that lots of people on the board lean towards the EFA, where before I read the thread, it seemed that the general preference was the Elink.

monkeylove

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Do these opinions still hold true? I see so many recommendations for the EFA around. And then some people are all about the Elink... do any of these still have "slowdown" problems mid game? I read the official reviews but didn't catch that...

Sorry to revive this old thread, but I want to know what you guys really think now that you've all bought scads of both Elink and EFA. Now the price of each is $22 Help a poor fella out will ya
smile.gif

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I've got an EFA Simple the other day. Still have to test it throughly, but seems a nice cart. And games seem to be fast enough. Just be warned that if your Motherboard Chipset is SiS it could refuse to access the cart after you've wrote something on it.

raulpica

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
monkeylove said:
Whats the difference between EFA Simple and EFA Linker?
EFA Simple doesn't have Real Time Clock, that's needed for special events in games like Pokémon or Boktai.

QUOTE(jesterscourt @ Jun 28 2008, 04:32 PM) Why not get an EZFlash IV with a 2 gig MiniSD?
Well, I wanted a dedicated GBA flashcart, and the EFA review here's on GBATemp said it was great...
Also I still have bad memories with GBA flashcards with external memory (see SuperCard Slot-2)
tongue.gif

santorix10

Trophies
Website
rememberthe8bit.googlepages.com
XP
Country
United States
raulpica said:
jesterscourt said:
Why not get an EZFlash IV with a 2 gig MiniSD?
Well, I wanted a dedicated GBA flashcart, and the EFA review here's on GBATemp said it was great...
Also I still have bad memories with GBA flashcards with external memory (see SuperCard Slot-2)
tongue.gif

I can personally vouch for the EZ-Flash IV. I've owned all of the carts from the "big 3" removable memory GBA card makers. (The SuperCard, M3, and EZ-Flash teams.)
And, while the M3 Perfect was the best, (RTC, drag-n-drop (which never worked for me), and savestates) the EZ-Flash IV is the best for your money. (~$80 vs ~$40)The SuperCard slot-2 series is a line of quite mediocre cards, though I would have to say they were made from good plastic. (The M3 was good there too, but the EZ-Flash IV is "meh".)

The biggest reason I've stuck with the removable memory card carts is because they back up their SRAM to non-volitile memory, and they can hold tons of games. (For me, nearly all of the ones I want to play on one cart.) The EZ-Flash even has the benefit of 256Mbit NOR memory if you like that kind of stuff.

raulpica

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
gbpic said:
raulpica said:
jesterscourt said:
Why not get an EZFlash IV with a 2 gig MiniSD?
tongue.gif

I can personally vouch for the EZ-Flash IV. I've owned all of the carts from the "big 3" removable memory GBA card makers. (The SuperCard, M3, and EZ-Flash teams.)
And, while the M3 Perfect was the best, (RTC, drag-n-drop (which never worked for me), and savestates) the EZ-Flash IV is the best for your money. (~$80 vs ~$40)The SuperCard slot-2 series is a line of quite mediocre cards, though I would have to say they were made from good plastic. (The M3 was good there too, but the EZ-Flash IV is "meh".)

The biggest reason I've stuck with the removable memory card carts is because they back up their SRAM to non-volitile memory, and they can hold tons of games. (For me, nearly all of the ones I want to play on one cart.) The EZ-Flash even has the benefit of 256Mbit NOR memory if you like that kind of stuff.
Well, I've still got an M3 Perfect miniSD. But it killed my GBASP, so I'm not going to use it anymore
tongue.gif

BTW, I fixed the GBASP some months ago... the M3 blow the fuses
dry.gif

monkeylove

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks Pharoah, thats a pretty good explanation of the cards. I really hadnt considered the ELink ( i have yet to buy a flashcart but am in the process of it, and moving cross-country). but the Elink looks like a good cart for a first time buyer. I was gunna get the EFA Linker.

I just wonder where you got an EZ F 2 for so cheap? Are people selling those in the trading forum? I cant access trading forum till I make 95 more posts or something
frown.gif

Cermage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I recieved my Elink 1G for ndsl from DX 2 days ago and wow was i impressed. only argument i have about it is the menu is in shambles. extremely poorly translated engrish and even broken chinese at times but i will have to fiddle with it a bit more. for basic gaming and using RTS/RTL it is excellent. i still need to figure out how to use real time guide though. but i'll learn sooner or later

Garcimak

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Well, all i need is the REAL TIME SAVE feature, that i regret since my old F2A ultra dies.
There is the Elink (512M) and Elink (1Gb/128MB), i can see there's only 4$ difference between them? i'm a little suspicious.
Apart that, Is there any difference between both models of Elink sold ?

ELINK software ver3.9A support Real Time Save [L+R+START]
Could anyone report that the feature is mostly compatible and implemented ok ?

And last question : Are the saves compatibles between EFA and this product ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    the internet
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Time to just download more ram
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah search Google
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me when I stick a flash drive into it.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wish we could have 1Gbps external storage by now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like for micro
  • Veho @ Veho:
    New Myoo.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Yooo noice
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Looks like a Famicom handheld
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, they were going for that.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not very good though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm watching the review, the emulators it uses suck bawls.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Software update might improve it.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Or maybe someone will make like Emulation Station for it or something?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That counts as a software update :tpi:
    +1
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Ello
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can think of the design teams process another joystick and no audio or a joystick and mono audio
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "You think we can just put the speakers at the top
    ?" "NO!"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pft stereo speakers you're fired
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pft stereo speakers you're fired +1