EDM-010 board - can anyone tell me this capacitor value please?

HannahMakes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone!

Had a PS5 in with BLOD, tracked down a shorted cap and removed it but I don't have a donor board to check the value before I replace it. If anyone could tell me the value I'd really appreciate it! Thanks!

20231206_181531.jpg

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
That's a resistor.

If I'm not mistaken, you can bridge the points with a copper wire, and measure the value that way.

I don't have experience doing it, but I think I heard someone saying something like that.

Alternatively, there's Reddit r/AskElectronics and you could try asking if someone knows more about PS5 boards.

HannahMakes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That's a resistor.

If I'm not mistaken, you can bridge the points with a copper wire, and measure the value that way.

I don't have experience doing it, but I think I heard someone saying something like that.

Alternatively, there's Reddit r/AskElectronics and you could try asking if someone knows more about PS5 boards.
20231207_095108.jpg

Are you sure it's a resistor? It definitely looks more like a little ceramic cap to me...

Thanks for the tip - I've posted to r/consolerepair as well

Reactions: JuanMena

thesjaakspoiler

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
That's a resistor.
That is nonsense. You'll damage the board even more.
You can only measure the resistance of a resistor with the resistor itself, preferable removed from the board.
But that brown component is a capacitor.
Resistors usually have numbers on them.

If nobody knows the value, you can also look up that IC and to which pins that capacitor is connected.
The picture is too blurry to see the part number.
Usually a datasheet will tell you what capacitor to use.
If that is blown, than maybe that IC nearby is also bad.
Usually capacitors just don't short out by themselves.

HannahMakes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Some kind person on another forum let me know it's a 22µF capacitor - just replaced it with one I had in stock and the BLOD is fixed, the console boots up no problem. Sharing here in case this helps someone else!

dk0dave

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some kind person on another forum let me know it's a 22µF capacitor - just replaced it with one I had in stock and the BLOD is fixed, the console boots up no problem. Sharing here in case this helps someone else!
what would be the volt?

Kornelia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Конкретне значення конденсатора для плати EDM-010 зазвичай можна знайти в документації до плати або схемах, наданих виробником. Значення конденсаторів можуть змінюватися залежно від схеми та її конкретних вимог.

However, if you have access to the board, you might find the capacitor's value printed directly on the capacitor itself. It's often denoted by a numerical value followed by a unit, like pF (picoFarads), nF (nanoFarads), or μF (microFarads). If you can't find it labeled, the documentation or the manufacturer's support might be your best bet for accurate information.

Привіт всім!

Мав PS5 із BLOD, знайшов замкнуту кришку та зняв її, але в мене немає донорської плати, щоб перевірити значення, перш ніж замінити її. Якщо хтось зможе сказати мені цінність, я буду дуже вдячний! Дякую!

View attachment 407725
Post automatically merged:

That is nonsense. You'll damage the board even more.
You can only measure the resistance of a resistor with the resistor itself, preferable removed from the board.
But that brown component is a capacitor.
Resistors usually have numbers on them.

If nobody knows the value, you can also look up that IC and to which pins that capacitor is connected.
The picture is too blurry to see the part number.
Usually a datasheet will tell you what capacitor to use.
If that is blown, than maybe that IC nearby is also bad.
Usually capacitors just don't short out by themselves.
Totally agree with you, its easy to damage

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast