Editing code in the backup launcher

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Tgrokz, Mar 29, 2009.

Mar 29, 2009
  1. Tgrokz

Newcomer Tgrokz Member

Mar 29, 2009
    United States
    so i have the gamma backup launcher with the .002 fix, but ocarina is disabled by default. seeing as i somewhat know my way around coding, i decided to just edit the dol file to enable it during the autoboot, but after loading it up in devkitpro, i was totally lost. i know some of you here have some experience with changing parameters in the backup launcher (forcing NTSC, autobooting, etc), so i was wondering if anyone can tell me what i have to change in the code to have ocarina auto enabled, as well as having the hook type be VI. im sure its pretty simple, but the code in DKP is very overwhelming, and when i searched for ocarina, there was no obvious way to change it.

and yes i know there are a million different custom backup launcher WADs out there, but none have ocarina enabled by default, can go to the config screen by pressing 1, and have the 002 fix (trust me, i've searched everywhere). if i can fix the ocarina and VI hook things, then i can just edit an existing dol file and compile it.