Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
EDGE OS v1.41 Released
Slow-Motion Feature Added
edgeslot1.gif
We're a few days late on the update, but it looks like a firmware update has been released for the CycloDS clone, EDGE DS.
In this update, the Slow-Motion feature has been added as well as the cheat code database file. Official changelog and download link below.
Update said:
  • SlowMotion feature added, hold L + R + DOWN + B for 1 second in-game to toggle on and off
  • Updated the cheat code database file
Off-site Download
EDGE Website
discuss.png
Discuss

Joey90

Not around any more
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hmm, probably is just taken from the Cyclo, but I guess you can't really complain.

As for which cards... not many.

CycloDS, Edge and possibly the Supercard. The AK2 had a working slow-motion but as it required updating with each new loader it was abandoned.

I think most people don't really see it as a 'must-have' feature.

Foie

That one guy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This is actually VERY good news. The EDGE has pretty much been the same as the CycloDS excluding most of the extra features. Now we have slow motion. Maybe this means that we'll be getting more features in the future, like real-time saving and in-game text reading. Now that would be awesome. I just hope they continue to release more cool features like this.

misterCraig

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Has anyone been able to download this? I've tried several times over the past hour or so, and I keep getting the following:

QUOTE said:
¶Ô²»Æ𣬱¾Õ¾¿ªÆôÁË·ÀµÁÁ´¹¦ÄÜ£¡Çë²»ÒªµÁÁ´±¾Õ¾µÄÈí¼þ

[µ½Õ¾µãÊ×Ò³]

The one time it did work, it was downloading so slow, it was going to take about 40 minutes, and half way through I got a "connection reset" message.

qtpie82

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Anyone try the backlight adjustment cheat codes included in the download on the Edge card? Whenever I use it on the edge, the game freezes and I have to turn the system off and on again.

If I use the same cheat code database for the M3 Simply, the backlight adjustment works fine.

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
misterCraig said:
Has anyone been able to download this? I've tried several times over the past hour or so, and I keep getting the following:

QUOTE said:
¶Ô²»Æ𣬱¾Õ¾¿ªÆôÁË·ÀµÁÁ´¹¦ÄÜ£¡Çë²»ÒªµÁÁ´±¾Õ¾µÄÈí¼þ

[µ½Õ¾µãÊ×Ò³]

The one time it did work, it was downloading so slow, it was going to take about 40 minutes, and half way through I got a "connection reset" message.
Mirror at Mediafire

retiredjerk

Trophies
XP
Country
how is adding slow mo a rippoff ? they are just giving their end users cool little updates that adds ome nice functionality. just because cyclods did slow mo first doesnt mean everyone who does it is a ripoff. besides Supercard had slow mo around the same time as cyclo. This card definately needs its own section now!

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
retiredjerk said:
how is adding slow mo a rippoff ? they are just giving their end users cool little updates that adds ome nice functionality. just because cyclods did slow mo first doesnt mean everyone who does it is a ripoff. besides Supercard had slow mo around the same time as cyclo. This card definately needs its own section now!
Supercard has had slow-motion ever since their slot 2 flashcarts, but slow-motion is a really unnecessary feature if you'd ask me.

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slo-Mo cool! But somewhow useless don't you think. But i guess its wort upgrading. This card never fails to surprise me. Well yeah its an cyclo DS ripoff and yeah its copying its ideas, but they are doing it so damn well.

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
qtpie82 said:
Anyone try the backlight adjustment cheat codes included in the download on the Edge card? Whenever I use it on the edge, the game freezes and I have to turn the system off and on again.

If I use the same cheat code database for the M3 Simply, the backlight adjustment works fine.

I'm getting the same prob its driving me mad!

blk.rebl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i own an edge card and think its fantastic and all, but honestly i don't see the point of slow-mo in nds games? when does the action ever get more than heavy enough to warrant a slow motion feature?

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've used it a couple of times in Sonic Rush and Nanostray boss fights, but for the most part the feature isn't all that useful.

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hm. i cant seem to get slow mo working :/
i replaced the old files with the new ones
but nothing happens when i press L R Down B :[

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, Remember to take your meds like AncientBoi.