edge moonshell media player problems

Discussion in 'EDGE' started by psillypsymun, Oct 29, 2008.

Oct 29, 2008
  1. psillypsymun
    OP

Newcomer psillypsymun Newbie

United States
    I'm trying to take full advantage of my new EDGE ds card but I'm having problems with the media section. When I go to media in the menu it tries to launch ds organize, then freezes while it says "initializing settings." So when I run ds organize as homebrew it will boot up and play mp3's.

Truth be told, I'm not a fan of that interface. It is pretty vanilla. So I figured I would give moonshell a try. I can't get that to play a thing. I haven't tried to play video yet, but I can't even run my mp3's. Anyhow, I'm looking for any hints, links, or info on working with moonshell, or linking my media icon to LMP-ng or getting that lameass ds organize to work.

2. heyyouguys

Member heyyouguys GBAtemp Fan

United States
    So you dl'd the moonshell for the edge and put it in the correct spot on your microSD? mp3 and dpg movies play fine for me with moonshell on the EDGE. Why it is loading ds organize, i dont know.

3. MirageStrike

Newcomer MirageStrike Member

United States
    Make sure the folder that has MoonShell is named 'moonshl' and is in the root of your micro SD (where your other games are).

Also make sure you get the MoonShell from the EDGE site (link below).

http://www.edge-ds.cn/?lang=en&page=downloads

4. GreenJ

Newcomer GreenJ Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    make sure you have all of the files in the moonshl folder

5. jagerstaffel

Member jagerstaffel GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    You know, I decided to go to the Edge site just for kicks, and I noticed that the moonshell download link there is dead. How is one supposed to put moonshell on their Edge? I even searched the download section here at GBAtemp to no avail.

Trying to setup moonshell from the 1.71+DPG tools package doesn't have an install option for Edge. Or did I get an old 1.71 package?

I would like to know how the files are for installing moonshell. Like folder name, name of boot file, etc.

6. heyyouguys

Member heyyouguys GBAtemp Fan

United States

Here is what you are looking for

MoonShell Tutorial: install, customize, and more (ver. 1.7.1)

http://www.scdev.org/forum/index.php/topic,11437.0.html

(My bandwidth on google is exceeded for a moment and will be back shortly.)

http://hheyyouguys.googlepages.com/moonshe...71-release2.zip This is straight from the EDGE site.

EDIT: i just checked the EDGE DL section and this worked for me http://www.edge-ds.cn/downloads/moonshell-...71-release2.rar

7. jagerstaffel

United States
    That's odd, the Edge-ds.cn link still won't work for me, I get some page with an odd message and a link back to the edge site. Hmm...

I will wait for your bandwidth to avail itself. Seems I must have gotten the 1.7.1 release 1. Would explain why I don't see the Edge cart listed.

8. Lainey

Newcomer Lainey Newbie

United States
    I tried downloading moonshell from the edge site last night and it/my copy of winrar that I'd just downloaded unleashed holy hell on my computer. I'm pretty sure it was the winrar file though.

9. jagerstaffel

United States
    Your best bet is to get it from heyyouguys's links above, seems the bandwidth is back.