Hacking EDGE and M3 Real GBA Expansion Pack?

SnoringFrog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm thinking of buying my first flash cart. Right now I'm looking at the EDGE and the Cylco Evolution. One thing I'd like to have is the ability to play GBA as well as having the extra RAM for the Web Browser DS.

I know the Cyclo works with the M3 real gba expansion, but I want to know if the EDGE does so that I can save myself ~$10 and also buy everything from the same site, since the site I'm planning ot buy from doesn't seem to have the Cyclo.

Mikef

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm wondering the same thing.
Not sure if the 'GBA Exploader' works with the 'real GBA expansion pack'.
Is it better than the Ez3in1 ?

SnoringFrog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm looking at the 'real GBA expansion pack' because it's slightly cheaper ((not by much where I've looked though)), and it comes with the extra casings to make it fit the original DS, which is what I have. the Ez3in1 doesn't have those, although they're still cheap on their own anyways.

Mikef

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't look like GBA Exploader supports it.
Just read the readme for ver .57.
The only thing better it seems is 32M instead of 16M for the 3in1.
How many 32M GBA games are there?

Mikef

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After looking a little more, the 3in1 will suit me fine; just ordered it at DX for $19.
There's only a few games that are 32M anyway, mostly videos, the Sims, 2in1 games, and spyro.
The 2G Jap microSD at DX is only $8.50 now too. I'll throw all my GBA games on that one.

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The M3s work (but it is only mentioned in the japanese readme), but they do not support Flash1M-Autopatching, games with this save type (Pokémon, SMA4) must be pre-patched with Hardware Support 1 in M3 Game Manager. RTC is accessible, RTS and cheats are not.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1