Hacking Edat file

Prior22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How does one install an edat file to allow a license for a PSN game? I'm on the multiman file manager and see the edat file on the desktop interface. How do I install this file onto the ps3 itself? I try clicking the x button on the file while on the desktop, as well as pressing the circle button and copying the file. None of this removes the trial from the PSN game though.

Magsor

I am watching you
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
you have to put it in dev_hdd0/home/00000001/exdata/
if that folder does not exist press o in multiman to create it

Prior22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you have to put it in dev_hdd0/home/00000001/exdata/
if that folder does not exist press o in multiman to create it

Thank you soooooooooooooo much. I've been in the soft mod community for a couple years now and the ps3 is way more complicated than the wii, ds or psp in terms of this issue. Thank goodness for this place and users like you though :D

joe7dust

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do we know what to name the 0000001 folder? I tried doing what is exactly suggested here and my marvel vs capcom still says trial. I also put the edat file in the 2 other folders I had there 0000050 and 0000051 for good measure to no effect.

joe7dust

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do we know what to name the 0000001 folder? I tried doing what is exactly suggested here and my marvel vs capcom still says trial. I also put the edat file in the 2 other folders I had there 0000050 and 0000051 for good measure to no effect.
anyone?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think the number correspond to your profile number.
you can see the profile number by browsing the home folder, and see which folder already exists.

try to create the exdata folder in your existing profile, don't create the 00000001 folder.
if you have 00000050 and 00000051 folders, maybe it means you had that much profiles created/deleted on that console?
home/00000051/exdata/ didn't work ?

or maybe it really require it to be in 00000001 folder, like reActPSN requires a 'aa' profile name.

Last edited by Cyan,

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
wrong, all of you.
if you are trying to get reactpsn working you need rap files, not edat, and the aa user created of course.

if you have a patched edat you should also have a patched eboot.bin, unless said edat is dlc.
anyhow... you take the eboot.bin and edat and copy them (usb+multiman or ftp or any other mean to do it) to the game folder located in dev_hdd0/game/*INSERT_GAME_ID*/USRDIR
some games like to store its edat in a subfolder inside USRDIR, but most just throw them along the eboot.bin.

I also have a little kit of tools to patch edat and eboot myself, maybe I should share it along with a little tutorial.

Reactions: Cyan

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
inside the game folder, not the "games" (with an S)?
so, make a copy of the patched eboot.bin from your extracted game's path (games or gamez) folder to the game folder?
you can't put the edat along the eboot on your external ?

if it's an ISO game, you need to extract it?
it's still confusing to get only partial information at a time.
I thought Magsor's info (from 2012) was good.

Last edited by Cyan,

joe7dust

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is what I have:

EP0102-NPEB00869_00-MVC2011040100002.edat
Marvel vs Capcom Origins.pkg

I put the edat in all 3 of my ####### folders in home in exdata and it still says trial. I am not using react or anything related to psn, all offline.

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
inside the game folder, not the "games" (with an S)?
so, make a copy of the patched eboot.bin from your extracted game's path (games or gamez) folder to the game folder?
I'm talking about psn games, the games that to in the GAMES or GAMEZ folder are retail (ripped bluray) and as such need no patching to work as they are drm free, dlc* would still go to the dev_hdd0/game folder, same as updates, locating its game id can be more tricky because some games use its digital version id (NP*******) for dlc and/or updates.

you can't put the edat along the eboot on your external ?
I cannot answer that as I don't use external (I have a fat ps3, so I avoid having extra thing sticking out of this beast for presentation and space).

if it's an ISO game, you need to extract it?
as said above, patching eboot.bin and edat only applies to psn games and dlc (which location is also explained above).

*note: dlc need only edat (and its extra files if any) to activate

This is what I have:

EP0102-NPEB00869_00-MVC2011040100002.edat
Marvel vs Capcom Origins.pkg

I put the edat in all 3 of my ####### folders in home in exdata and it still says trial. I am not using react or anything related to psn, all offline.
aah, a c00 game.
if that edat is patched then effectively you need to copy it to dev_hdd0/home/*USER_NUMBER*/exdata
you can see the name of the user folder you are on if you open the localusername file located at dev_hdd0/home/*USER_NUMBER* in a text editor.

EDIT: just remembered that the game could show up as a trial until you boot it up.

Last edited by Sakitoshi, , Reason: more info

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-