Ebay rant

Beltaine

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Long time lurker here. Coming out of my lurking closet to rant about Ebay.

A few months ago, I bought an M3 miniSD with a 1gb miniSD card off Ebay. Cool deal, got it cheap.

I've since bought a DS Lite and a Supercard Lite because I'm anal about things not being flush.

So... I put my M3 and miniSD card up on Ebay. Even made a point to pitch it as a MOVIE player, mentioning nothing about commercial ROMs. 6 hours later, I get an email that my listing was removed because it's hardware that allows copyright violation, blah blah blah.

So, out of curiosity, I look to see if anyone else is selling M3's. Found 4 listings. 1 of them even clearly stating it plays commercial ROMs.

So, I figure maybe it's because I'm in the US and these listing are from HK or something. Nope, all are in the US.

How is it these clowns can sell them, but I can't?

hate2.gif

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Damn, there goes my plan on selling my M3 CF on ebay and getting a smaller model.... or is CF still the most reliable version out there? What's the SD/micro SD like?

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bleh. To my knowledge the messages and removal of listings is done automatically via a basic keyword search... in the past I've had perfectly legitimate DVDs and games taken down for no reason at all! But with "dodgy" stuff sometimes you'll get lucky and sometimes you won't. Just relist it again, put it up for a smaller amount of time, have a buy it now or say you are open to offers etc... another tip is to write your description in a paint program and save as a gif that way the search bots won't come across anything lol. =)

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
We don't allow sales on GBAtemp.
If you want to sell your M3 or anything, use another site.

Mucuna: please ask your question again by PM. Not in public, thanks.

Forum rules said:
Selling and Trading

We do not condone, and WILL NOT condone members selling any items; services; or ANYTHING, or posting "wanted" messages at GBAtemp. If you want to sell something go to eBay or likewise websites, if you want to trade something use Google and find a trading site. Any topic about this subject will be closed.

HugeCock

Oh My....
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have sold plenty on ebay,
I am a software developer getting rid of my M3 GBA / DS dev kit. This is a great device for anyone looking to start programming. Item is used but in great condition.

List under DS accessories. not other just choose one like battery pack. Usually people know what they are looking for so half the time you dont even need to list a description cause anyone who know what a M3 is is looking for a M3.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr