Easiest way to update CIAs now?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by appleburger, Aug 10, 2018.

1. appleburger
    OP

appleburger GBAtemp Regular

Feb 26, 2012
    United States
    Hey guys, I've been away from anything 3DS related for a while now, so forgive me for my lack of knowledge, here.

I updated my girlfriend's 3DS from menuhax to Luma, and she wants to update Animal Crossing. On my 3DS I've always gotten updates via freeshop, but now that it's not going to work, what's the easiest way for me to update her game? That 3DS isn't allowing any connection to Nintendo servers - I get a 022-2634 error when I try. From my Google search that seems to indicate the NNID is still linked to the old EMUNAND from menuhax.

Any help is appreciated!

2. Mysuke

Mysuke Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 9, 2017
    Brazil
    You should still be able to download updates. I just tested Villain3DS right now and i was able to download the Animal Crossing 1.4 update (USA), if you can't download from your 3DS or using Freeshop then i recommend downloading with Villain and installing the CIA update with FBI.

Last edited by Mysuke, Aug 10, 2018
  3. appleburger
    OP

appleburger GBAtemp Regular

Feb 26, 2012
    United States
    It doesn't work on her 3DS anymore. We get an "invalid ticket" error when trying to install the update, sadly. That 3DS can no longer connect to the NNID I had on it, so the only online function that's working currently is the internet browser.

That being said, I suppose FBI is the way to go for the update.

She also wants to go online to visit her sister's house on Animal Crossing, so I'll have to find a way to fix that issue, as well.

Just realized I posted this in the absolute wrong section of the forum. Sheesh.

Last edited by appleburger, Aug 10, 2018