Homebrew Easiest hack for 10.3.0-24U

Flamehaze41

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am looking for the quickest hack for this os, whether that means buying a flashcart or whatever so be it.

I want to be able to play rom hacks, japanese games, ect

Flamehaze41

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am looking for the quickest hack for this os, whether that means buying a flashcart or whatever so be it.

If there is a good flashcart for 3ds I would definitely prefer that as I also have a new 3ds xl running11.0.0-33U, but I most certainly don't want to brick that one

Temarile

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ A9LH ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
sky3ds can run homebrew, but not patch roms.

This is not entirely correct. The sky3ds can be used to load an exploited game and then boot into the homebrew launcher. IIRC it cannot run.3dsx files itself. It also cannot play rom hacks ect.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
If you want all the bells and whistles like ROM hacks and on the fly region patching then you might as well spend an hour or two setting up A9LH. The possibility of bricking is very slim provided you do everything properly.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Don't buy a flashcart. Downgrade through browserhax, then install a free CFW instead.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If you want all the bells and whistles like ROM hacks and on the fly region patching then you might as well spend an hour or two setting up A9LH. The possibility of bricking is very slim provided you do everything properly.
It doesn't even take that long anymore, the guides been updated to make it a lot faster and a lot safer.

Reactions: ih8ih8sn0w

ksanislo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If you want rom hacks, then you need a CFW... And there's zero reason not to follow the guide @Deonot1 just posted above. The risk is extremely small, and the payoff is a modded system that should be basically unbreakable for all practical purposes.

Don't half-ass things without A9LH and end up as another one of the people who posts in here, freaking out about how they accidentally upgraded the wrong NAND and now they're f*cked.

TimX24968B

"That guy"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
honestly, all you really need is an exploit with access to homebrew launcher if this is all you want. Just get menuhax, get HANS running, and thats all you really need you dont need A9LH unless you plan on doing more complicated stuff with CFW like directly installing and downloading games, Better emulators, nand backups, etc.

every time i see someone suggesting a9lh for something this minor, i think of someone going into a car shop for a flat tire and having the mechanic suggest you install nitrous into the car.

Unless you plan on downloading these japanese games, you do not need cfw.

Last edited by TimX24968B,

ksanislo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
honestly, all you really need is an exploit with access to homebrew launcher if this is all you want. Just get menuhax, get HANS running, and thats all you really need you dont need A9LH unless you plan on doing more complicated stuff with CFW like directly installing and downloading games, Better emulators, nand backups, etc.

every time i see someone suggesting a9lh for something this minor, i think of someone going into a car shop for a flat tire and having the mechanic suggest you install nitrous into the car.
He specifically asked for rom hacks, that requires signature patching, i.e. Custom Firmware.

ksanislo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hans can do that depending on the current firmware
Yeah, as can emunand cfw launched from 9.2, but the minute he accidentally updates without A9LH he'll be back on here asking how to downgrade whatever the current firmware is again. A9LH solves the problem. It's safe, safer than not having it.

TimX24968B

"That guy"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, as can emunand cfw launched from 9.2, but the minute he accidentally updates without A9LH he'll be back on here asking how to downgrade whatever the current firmware is again. A9LH solves the problem. It's safe, safer than not having it.
well thats a different issue, not the one presented here. Anyone can accidentally uninstall A9LH if they mess with it enough and accidently update. there is also no notification or guarantee that this scenario will happen. Its unnecessary for this type of hack.

not to mention, anyone who does any kind of hack should be wary of updating their hacked console.

ksanislo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well thats a different issue, not the one presented here. Anyone can accidentally uninstall A9LH if they mess with it enough and accidently update. there is also no notification or guarantee that this scenario will happen. Its unnecessary for this type of hack.
No it's not a different issue... He's got a system that /can/ be easily downgraded to get A9LH, and he's asking for features that require a firmware lower than the latest. Downgrade/A9LH is _absolutely_ the correct way to go, and you're being foolish if you're trying to convince him otherwise.

TimX24968B

"That guy"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No it's not a different issue... He's got a system that /can/ be easily downgraded to get A9LH, and he's asking for features that require a firmware lower than the latest. Downgrade/A9LH is _absolutely_ the correct way to go, and you're being foolish if you're trying to convince him otherwise.
well, if this console is on the latest, then you wouldn't be able to downgrade in the first place. Unless you plan on using these features, and as long as his console is on a firmware where HANS does not work, then you would be right. However, he is on 10.3, so as long as HANS works on that firmware, and he is playing cartridges, you don't need it at this time for this situation. all you would need is to install menuhax through browserhax so you can run HBL.

You guys really need to evaluate the situation before you shove A9LH down everyone's throat to even decide if it is the quickest most time efficient solution that fulfills his requirements.

Reactions: DeoNaught

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Ohkay