XP
Country
Mexico

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was thinking of you the other day, when it happened. We get earthquakes too in California. The 1989 earthquake was less of a magnitude, but damn, it was intense. I was watching baseball (aka, “doing homework”) when it happened. The game got postponed. Our car in the driveway got shifted a couple of feet and lots of dishes broke. My wife’s house, at the time I hadn’t met her yet, was inhabitable. The chimney fell from the house and all the windows broke. It was no joke. Hope you and your family are well

Read more here

Last edited by slaphappygamer,
Reactions: JuanMena

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I was thinking of you the other day, when it happened. We get earthquakes too in California. The 1989 earthquake was less of a magnitude, but damn, it was intense. I was watching baseball (aka, “doing homework”) when it happened. The game got postponed. Our car in the driveway got shifted a couple of feet and lots of dishes broke. My wife’s house, at the time I hadn’t met her yet, was inhabitable. The chimney fell from the house and all the windows broke. It was no joke. Hope you and your family are well

Read more here
Haha, thanks.
After the September 19th 2017 earthquake, a puny 7.5 can't scare me.
We have seismic alarms... we usually have at least 1 minute before the earthquake reaches the city, as most earthquakes in my country comes from the southern coast.
This is the sound of the seismic alarm... beware, it might give you chills.

This is the 2017 earthquake:

And this is last week's:

There's literally no comparisson between 2017 and last week's.

Last edited by JuanMena,

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Holy crap! That’s scary shit!

The last link was edited.
Yes I edited the last link because the video uploader blocked it's reproduction on foreign sites. I've changed the video.

About the California 6.9... Wow, that's quite big. The "normal" richter scale for earthquakes here in my country is 7 or more.
Like, literally the seismic alarms won't sound if they detect that the comming earthquake is less than 7.

So we can literally have 6.9 earthquakes and less than that without even noticing.
I think... the depth of the earthquake has a big role here.

To be honest, I didn't felt last week. Of course, my family and I evacuated our building, but as soon as we got in I immediately went to sleep five more minutes.
We didn't had electrical energy for about half day though, so I just slept all day.
I don't know why, but I find 6.9 in my standards/normal scenario... :creep:

Last edited by JuanMena,
Reactions: slaphappygamer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: yeehaw